ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest Clio Ever????

It is Freds and its the lowest on conventional suspension. There is a lad slightly lower (only at one end i forget which) but that car is on airbags.

Lionel Richie
tis me!!! sideways action!

the lad on airbags CAN'T actually drive the car unless its raised about 40mm = cheating

RB 182 Cup
are valvers counted in this cos i know the guy who owns this one, its very low....

pic3_LlorraD.jpg

Lionel Richie
lol, yeah kind of, i was trying to slide the car through the corner for the camera, i cocked up a few attemps!!!!!

that was at Curburough, fun little sprint track

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
there is a bright pink mk1 clio near me on 15's, the back arch is half way down the wheels and the sideskirts touch the floor if its anything other than perfectly flat

Disastra Coupe
Addz said:
there is a bright pink mk1 clio near me on 15's, the back arch is half way down the wheels and the sideskirts touch the floor if its anything other than perfectly flat

Seen that Addz. It's orange nowadays though isn't it? Either that or it used to be orange and now pink. I get confused easily lol. Think he's from Huthwaite anyway. And yes, it's stupidly low!

mitchzxr said:
What about this at the south mimms meet, not sure whos it is exactly....

cliomeet10.jpg

i remember this. i chatted to the owner/s of this car at the meet. was low. oh look u can see ballcrushers beast next to it :) voom voom

Oh and the lowest Clio ever was Little Newms' Cup when I first fitted his coilovers and they settled more than I was expecting. ;)

winston,

mine touched the lighter top on a clipper when fred set it the first time (with the cup splitter on)

i think that dans was lower.

however, freds IS the lowest, by a long long way IMO.

Andy (GDi) raised mine a bit last September when Cambridge Motorsport set it up IIRC before TGP.

it will be back down there, once the "boys" have been at it ;-)

/y0z

Lionel Richie
y0z2a said:

/y0z

oh i'm setting it up this time!!!

3deg neg front, slight toe in
1.5deg neg rear (or more) 0 toe

its gonna be cup racer stylee!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
^^ Is that on a driveway or something?
What is the car lowered with and how on earth do you get over ramps? :eek:

Here's my front valance...;)

Last edited:
Clio_romford said:
that'll be mine, unless someones clio has gone through the floor

He's trying to find out who has the lowest car not the biggest bumper which creates the illusion the car is low. ;)

If its dropped 40mm its proved the point, lol. As EvilJohn said Fred's is dropped about 100mm front and rear. You may have less clearance on the front bumper but the car isnt actually lower. Not having a dig just saying.

Beetle
Clio_romford said:
that'll be mine, unless someones clio has gone through the floor

Loony said:
He's trying to find out who has the lowest car not the biggest bumper which creates the illusion the car is low. ;)

also if you look at that photo the front wheels of the car are low down in a rut, with the camber of the road angleing upwards making the car appear lower at the front.
Not having a go though lad, ive done the same thing in the past;)
splitterdrive.jpg

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Ross16V said:
are valvers counted in this cos i know the guy who owns this one, its very low....

pic3_LlorraD.jpg

Thats sex piss, wtf is that kitted up thing above though :dead:

Loony said:
Glad you said this, as most of the latter entries have all been splitters etc. Front jacking point should be the gauge as it's a fixed point on all models.

y0z2a said:
winston,

mine touched the lighter top on a clipper when fred set it the first time (with the cup splitter on)

i think that dans was lower.

however, freds IS the lowest, by a long long way IMO.

Andy (GDi) raised mine a bit last September when Cambridge Motorsport set it up IIRC before TGP.

/y0z

:eek: :D

IMG_3558.jpg

clio035.jpg