ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest Clio Ever????

1.6 focus zetec....
How the hell do some of your people get over speed bumps lol? or do you just avoid them??

Kiza

Lionel Richie
speedbumps are easy, if you have the knowhow, 1mph at a slight angle! you cause a traffic jam and piss off EVERYONE behind you, but hey ho

pmsl, so with you on the angle thing fred.

and lol at the people gettin pissed off behind me as i hold up traffic...

Golf GTI 1.8T
JPEX-CLIO said:
i remember this. i chatted to the owner/s of this car at the meet. was low. oh look u can see ballcrushers beast next to it :) voom voom

Yeah I loved that clio, the owner was well alright and that one off roll cage in it was awesome. iirc it was turbo and running about 225 bhp too or something not far off. Was hoping he'd be at the next meet but I don't know his forum name.....

Coupe f7r, miss the clio
mitchzxr said:
Yeah I loved that clio, the owner was well alright and that one off roll cage in it was awesome. iirc it was turbo and running about 225 bhp too or something not far off. Was hoping he'd be at the next meet but I don't know his forum name.....

its Diamond_Geezer lol

heres sum pics of the cage and engine

000_0019.jpg

CIMG0130.jpg

williams 2 turbo
yeh im famous again, mine is lowered around 110mm at the back, compared to my mates standard one, and 60mm at the front. not bad for something on 18"s, and thanks for the nice comments.

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah I remember something about being over 100mm low oh and the 27 layers of paint, am I correct with that??

up for coming to the enfield meet @ KK's on sunday mate?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yep thats it, but as Fred says, its cheating its arse off, whats the point?? I remember the day when Fred said he thought my old car looked lower than his (when he was on 60mm springs), but then he went and got his angle grinder out, perhaps I am the one that started him off, lol.

1.6 focus zetec....
Yeah ive got to agree that car does look mint but whats the point if you cant drive it?!? Ive just been for a drive around my area and i had to turn around on someones drive 'cos i was going the wrong way and my splitter scrapped off the pavement and i thought sh!t..what am i goin to do when im on coilovers? (im currently on standard suspension and up in the sky on 17's)

Kiza

williams 2 turbo
mitchzxr said:
yeah I remember something about being over 100mm low oh and the 27 layers of paint, am I correct with that??

up for coming to the enfield meet @ KK's on sunday mate?

yeh maybe, ive just gotta sort an oil leak on the cooler, hopefully before then, and replace the pipe on the fuel pressure regulator, then i may be ready. i'll post you for directions if i can make it. steve. oh and cat171, hopefully its around 200ish bhp, just waiting on its final set up.

Clio 182 liquid yellow
Hehe :) It wasn't that low (but nearly), i was standing in a little curb. This was it's real deep:
Dark%20Desire-040730204912.JPG

"Navy" N17 TWO
^^ Same splitter/valance as mine, only I got mine smoothed in :)
What you lowered by/with Sirius ?

kiza1986 said:
Yeah ive got to agree that car does look mint but whats the point if you cant drive it?!? Ive just been for a drive around my area and i had to turn around on someones drive 'cos i was going the wrong way and my splitter scrapped off the pavement and i thought sh!t..what am i goin to do when im on coilovers? (im currently on standard suspension and up in the sky on 17's)

Kiza

^ Exactly what I think to myself in some situations...

FK Highsports in the post ;)

Attachments

• Dsc00168.jpg
    Dsc00168.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Dsc00170.jpg
    Dsc00170.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00100.jpg
    DSC00100.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00099.jpg
    DSC00099.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 52
I don't know how you lot cope with low cars!

I'm only on Apex -40s on an otherwise standard 172 and still have trouble with speed bumps round my way. I can't even fit a cup splitter as I need the front clearance to get into the carpark at work...

i wish mine was. the front splitter makes mine look lower. but i will be going 60mm in few weeks. at the mo im on 35mm

6/468 17poo
Surely the lower clios should have standard bumpers as aesthetically lookin a modified bumper will look loads lower!are mk2 non sport clios and rs clios have same depth of bumper (i no rs is different and wider) but is it larger to the floor?
I think lowering it to the floor is the only way to make a good modification, as it a, looks wicked and 2, sorts out the suspension and handling no end!!!(if done properly)
Ryan

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
wat is the lowest i can go with my mk1 clio b4 i start havign trouble with london speed bumps?

Black Clio GT
my mk1 was -100mm at the back and 60 mm at the front on 15's and my exhaust used to catch all the time :-(

if i get another one then ill "prob" never go as low ;-)

Chocolate Bar™
william... - looks nice and low!

id measure mine for comparison but the bodyshop might look at me funny making a journey specifically to measure it :D