ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ma we mk2 ph1 1.6 16valver..

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Took some pics at the weekend after a quick scrub down.

Anyway, back on the 15" ph1 172 cup rims, sporting some ph2 rear lights and 5-10mm raise due to that retchid speed bump!!

Also got a new 2.0 16v Throttle body, Powerflow "stealth" system on and Decat is still waiting to go on.. this weekend hopefully!

Then it's a trip to RStunning in leeds for a pukka reno remap! hopefully see 125-130bhp

Quite fancy a ph2 bootlid and cup spoiler too! possibly one of them carbon splitters for the front since mines was destroyed by a speed bump!! not too sure tho, maybe just a cup one..

P1010220.jpg

P1010221.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010223.jpg

P1010224.jpg

P1010225.jpg

looks very nice

edit: ive only just realised how close it looks to the speedbump on the first pic! its real damn close jeez

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
comment on ma other forum...
mitchwell said:
Get it lower, thats what coilys are for, richt doon!!!!!!

aye, maybe on 16's.. i'm scraping like fook as it is!!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i had kinda thought about that actually.. good plan.. where is best to pick one up cheapish?

BMW F31
Also got a new 2.0 16v Throttle body, Powerflow "stealth" system on and Decat is still waiting to go on.. this weekend hopefully!

Then it's a trip to RStunning in leeds for a pukka reno remap! hopefully see 125-130bhp

what difference does the 2.0 16v throttle body make? any pics?

will the remap on its own bring it to 125bhp? how much is the remap? cheers mate :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nice one mate. Good seein you the other nite, should fire over next wk and get sum pics of all the motors. See if i get get Juz and bragg signed up too!

Cup rims look better too.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
nice one mate. Good seein you the other nite, should fire over next wk and get sum pics of all the motors. See if i get get Juz and bragg signed up too!

Cup rims look better too.

Sounds like a plan.. I've never met either of them.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R

what difference does the 2.0 16v throttle body make? any pics?

will the remap on its own bring it to 125bhp? how much is the remap? cheers mate :)

Looks identical, although the main bore is 10mm bigger in diameter, unsure on the difference but surely more air = more fuel => more power..

I'm hoping to see 125 with the mods on it, de-cat and cat back, filter and l
larger TB.

it's not too much to ask for, it's only 11-12% increase from std.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
oh and the throttle body is off the 2.0 16v megane/laguna (non RS) f7r i think it is.?!?

BMW F31
nice work then mate, i may have to look into getting mine rr'd then get some bits fitted and then see the difference.

have heard of other people using the tb from the 2.0 so i may have to try it, cheers :)

M

mini-valver

Throttle body makes no difference from what ive heard and beleive me ive researched on power mods for this engine. Doubt you'll see 125 with those mods fella, maybe 115-120 but keep me posted via PM!!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
no-one knows for sure tho.. next rr day i'll appear wi the 1.6 on and do a run then i'll change it out and do a run wi the 2.0 one on and see if there is any difference.. lol

M

mini-valver

Fair enough, you'd need to remap it to get the best out of it though i suppose. Choppy chop and get it on the RR then!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Ben R thought the 2.0 TB would make a difference when i looked into it.

to be honest, it wont lose you power, all it can do is gain you power so why not eh?!

looking good and nice and low as usual

M

mini-valver

By just bolting it on without touching the map etc i would of thought it'd be pointless.....

visualize whirled pe
Hey dude,

Like the 172 rims. I've got the RSi version, in black with half leather and alloy bonnet. I love it to bits I think it's a really good compromise to the 2.0L's, cheaper tax, insurance and fuel costs, but still enough fun!

I'm on the prowl for some 15" team dynamics 1.2's in black for mine.

Are you considering colour coding the plasics?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
1.2 's are nice, i had thought about them in the past but oem is cooler!

I'n a kinda go but no show man, not too fussed about the plastics tbh..!