ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex exhaust help

Renault Clio 172 16v
Hi,

I've just fitted a Magnex Twin exit cat back exhaust system last weekend. The car is running great, but the exhaust just keeps hitting the heatsheild where the pipe bends over the axle. (to be honest it looks like a bit of a bad design)

Is there any places in the northwest that can alter or bend the pipe round more so it doesn't keep hitting the heatsheild.

Thanks

Daz

LY 182
lol, good luck.
im surprised you managed to get it to fit.

when i fitted my magnex(whenever i fit an exhaust i start at the back and work forwards)
i positioned the backbox where it sat nicest, slotted the middle section in to that and the end that is supposed to bolt to the cat was pointing down towards the floor at a 30 odd degree angle.

ended up cutting/ rewelding the middle section at the right angle.
shortened it too as it sticks out the back about a foot otherwise

BMW M135i
You need to cut an inch or so off the cat flange sleeve so get it to sit right on a Ph2, I swear they'd never seen the car when they designed it.

340i
hahaa... Ive took mine back to Magnex 2 or 3 times now, its now been totally re-fitted, new rubbers, rear hanger adjusted and the sleeve joins re-jigged..

It acutally fits perfect now!!