ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

main dealer f%!k up on first service

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Just had the first service done on my 172 @ the local main dealer in Hull. Was initially very impressed, completed in 4 hours and the car returned to me with a full valet inside and out. Paid £189 all in and was given a top up pack containing spare oil, windscreen washer fluid and a can of lubricant, as well as gloves and a dipstick cloth et.

However driving home today my girlfriend said she could smell oil so i pulled over and popped the bonnet, I found the oil filler cap on top of the suspension strut and the engine bay covered in oil:eek:

Tried to speak to somebody today but the service department is not open till tomorrow, as you can imagine im pretty p!ssed off, what should I do, what should i ask for in compensation and rectification?

Help and advice appreciated.

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Hi matt, not seen about for a bit, you still got the clios?

Dont think were supposed to mention names on the main area but it was the main dealer not the one that used to be a dealer and now is a trade centre, nudge nudge.

Really annoyed with it, spent the last day telling people how impressed i was with the service, there replacing my door badges on warranty as well with no questions asked. Id heard a lot of bad about them, looks like theyve proved people right!

Quote: Originally posted by fewie_172 on 12 June 2005
what should i ask for in compensation and rectification?

You wont get compensated.

The best you can hope for is that someone gets a ticking off.

Ive had stuff not put back together after servicing and they just deny everything... B@stards :mad:

BMW 118d

Just got the blue clio now, a guy called Jase bought my valver, but its still in the area, hes from near Driffield!!

I get what you mean, but b****cks to that, I think Dixons are sh*t!! Their customer service seems to be crap, but hey, thats my point of view!!

Mine and my bros clios have just been in Trentons for their services and Ive been very pleased with them. Only took a couple of days to book the cars in, and they did warrenty work, no questions asked, even though mine is modified.

Clio 182 FF & Cups

think im gonna ask them to drop and replace the oil, anything could have got in there while the cap was off. expecting denial so i took some photos on my phone.

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Didnt think trenton could do that, will know for the future. Really wanted to take it to dixons though, just to p!ss of the salesman who wouldnt budge for 14k when i bought it, got it import for 11.7k. There something satisfying about getting them to do sh!tty warranty work when the never supplied the car!

BMW 118d

Yeah, Trentons are now a Renault approved service centre again, so they can also do warrenty work. Oh and Gemma on the Renault reception ........ phwoar ;)

clio gone :(

Bugger. The same happened to me a few years ago when I first got my Clio.

The garage was really good about it, changed the oil again and steam cleaned it so it looked like new :)

CTR

Had a mate who had the same happen to her Golf - as above, got it steam cleaned my the dealer who made the f*ck up!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

leave the cap off run it for a few days till it catches on fire, or engine siezes... get a new car/engine