ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

main dealer parts con

I need a idle control valve on the 172 so I popped to the local Eurocar Parts on Saturday morning to find them out of stock. German and Sweedish's shelves are equally bare so with open wallet surgery looming I headed to the main dealer.
me - I'd like an idle control valve

dealer - sucks air through teeth : putsstockingoverhead:

me - thinking - this is going to be a laugh

dealer - :looksonPC: :laughs: that will be £285 plus VAT :laughssomemore:

me - erm, I just want the idle control valve not the valve and the MAF

dealer - yes but we don't sell the idle control valve without the MAF

me - but the valve can't be more than £30

dealer - sorry sir but that's the way it's supplied

me - so I have to junk a perfectly good MAF so you lot can stripe me of £250 plus the VAT

dealer - yes :brandishessawnoff:
does anyone know if an idle control valve fitted to a Clio 172 is fitted to any other car?

your car doesn't have a MAF mate

you mean the throttle body and idle valve complete unit?

so what's the big lump of metal between the hose from the air filter and the top of the engine/plenum called?

in any case, I need the ICV and renault want £280 + the vodka and tonic for it :rolleyes:

Clio 172 mk2
Same s**t, different day

I got charged £60 for the power steering sensor.....I couldn't believe it..that much money for such a small component.

and to add insult to injury the Bosch 4 pin is available from GSF but my 3 pin Magnetti Marelli on is dealer supply only - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

anyone know if carb cleaner will do the trick?

Lionel Richie
i own a Renault tuning company

let me make a phone call for you

can you pm me your registration number?

BMW M135i
If its a Mk2 172 then there isn't an ISCV afiak? The ECU just opens the throttle slighty on cold start, thats how it works with my 1.6 anyway.

And don't replacement throttle boddies have to be coded to the car?

Had mine changed under warrenty because it wouldn't cold idle, total cost was about 400 notes I think all in. When it started doing it again I just cleaned it with meths/carb cleaner and that sorted it out.

Had mine changed under warrenty because it wouldn't cold idle, total cost was about 400 notes I think all in. When it started doing it again I just cleaned it with meths/carb cleaner and that sorted it out.

:eek:

it's getting carb cleaned this evening to see what it's like tomorrow

Lionel Richie
If its a Mk2 172 then there isn't an ISCV afiak? The ECU just opens the throttle slighty on cold start, thats how it works with my 1.6 anyway.

its a mk1 172 mate, it has and ISCV

BMW M135i

its a mk1 172 mate, it has and ISCV

Ah ha, didn't know.