ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mapping a ftp to a local drive

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Im trying to map my ftp server from home, at uni so i can transfer stuff from uni to home ect. im trying to map it to a local drive letter.

I can access the ftp fine through a ftp program but when i try through internet explorer or windows xp pro - add network place it dosent work get this back:

ERROR
Cache Access Denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://MYFTPUSERNAME@www.DYNDNSSERVER.nu/

The following error was encountered:

Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

ftp://MYFTPUSERNAME@www.DYNDNSSERVER.nu/

from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties authenticating yourself or change your default password.

and when i just try annoyamously (sp) i get

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://www.DYNDNSSERVER.nu

Squid sent the following FTP command:

PASS <yourpassword>and then received this reply
Not logged in.

basically is there any simple programs that will map it for me or can i enter my password aswel in the url

any help very mucho appreciated!
MJ

Last edited: