ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mapping a ftp to a local drive

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Im trying to map my ftp server from home, at uni so i can transfer stuff from uni to home ect. im trying to map it to a local drive letter.

I can access the ftp fine through a ftp program but when i try through internet explorer or windows xp pro - add network place it dosent work get this back:

ERROR
Cache Access Denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://MYFTPUSERNAME@www.DYNDNSSERVER.nu/

The following error was encountered:

Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

ftp://MYFTPUSERNAME@www.DYNDNSSERVER.nu/

from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties authenticating yourself or change your default password.

and when i just try annoyamously (sp) i get

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://www.DYNDNSSERVER.nu

Squid sent the following FTP command:

PASS <yourpassword>and then received this reply
Not logged in.

basically is there any simple programs that will map it for me or can i enter my password aswel in the url

any help very mucho appreciated!
MJ

Last edited: