ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mars red or liquid yellow v6

Mars Red Clio V6 255

hi, im going to order a v6 soon and am stuck between these 2 colours, i had my heart set on mars red, but after having seen the yellow v6 pic at the motorshow that looks amazing too. but the trouble is i have not seen any of these 2 colours in the flesh. so what colour would you guys choose...red or yellow???? and if you have any pics of the red and yellow v6 we can put on the same page will be easier to compare.

thanks

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

If you get a yellow get the liquid, and not the acid. Liquid colour looks lovely, but I think the acid is horrible.

Personally I didnt want to spend the extra money.

You could go for Inferno ... standard colour on a Vee now and a bit different.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

sh*t thats cheap for a V6 255 from a dealer. Hmmm ... black wasnt the colour I wanted ...

The second link ... no catch tho itll be pre-registered I expect. Personally see no problem being the second owner on paper.

you wont have seen a real life liquid yellow yet, because the only one is the Renault car that was at the Autosport show in Bham in January, and that one is currently on Renault photoshoots.

I believe however, to the best of my knowledge, that there will be one more in the UK in March time ..... ;)

Clio 197

Either would be beautiful... Just order that V6...

PS If you held a gun to my head and made me pick a colour, it would be yellow!

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 13 February 2005

Either would be beautiful... Just order that V6...

PS If you held a gun to my head and made me pick a colour, it would be yellow!

Not if I held the gun.....lol

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 12 February 2005

and if you have any pics of the red and yellow v6 we can put on the same page will be easier to compare.

thanks

check out here, lots of colours for you to look at :)

http://www.v6255.net/index.htmlhttp://www.v6255.net/index.html

Simon.

heres one of mine.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1102211814__Imga0233.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1102211814__Imga0233.jpg

[Edited by James on 14 February 2005 at 8:44am]

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 12 February 2005

first one black v6 350 miles £19995?? seems so cheap.
Now sold ... but not to me! Apparently it was a retail order than when it came had a paint imperfection on the bonnet. £7k off and all you needed to do was get the bonnet sorted ... bargain. Hence lots of interest ... hence quickly sold!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

out of those 2 colours id pick red, yellow on the V6 is to much for my likeing. Dont get me wrong i like the yellow but think it would soon get boring.

Mars Red Clio V6 255

guys- now the stupid bit, im colour blind, i can see all colours but hard to see shades of each colour, so can someone tell me whats the difference between mars and inferno red???

are they both illusion finishes

Mars Red Clio V6 255

simon-its funny i dont actually mind the lunar grey, it must be the colour blind effect! im thinking either red or yellow cos i have a blk z3m a racing blue 182 and had a silver elise, but never had a red or yellow car

Mars Red Clio V6 255

just been looking on the renault site, and it says that inferno on the clio cup is a non metallic supergloss just like the racing blue, but on the megane 225 it says that inferno is a metallic pearlescent illusion??

inferno looks nice though, is it much brighter than the mars red?

i like the liquid yellow but not sure i could live with it everyday and after a while i might get fed up of it, and if its worth the extra £1150 over the mars or inferno red.

are there deals to be had on the id paint, and if there are what sort of price would i be looking to pay.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Youll always pay more for a car that has to be made specially for you. A standard car / colour will be easier to locate and therefore may attract a better discount.

Then again there may be no red ones about either. A dealer should be able to tell you.