ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matts Clio Cup

Clio 172 Cup
Was very picky about this Clio, I wanted a cup model because it had the best 0-60 according to parkers and wanted one in blue as I only have blue cars :p
sXRWatw.jpg

mHj5crq.jpg

I don't have a clue about clios but I've owned 3 saxos and a corsa.. close enough right?

The engine mounts broke in about 2 weeks of owning it.. Got new polybush mounts and a vibratechniks top mount, much better!

W8AAzr3.jpg

Here's the car right now

XKvr9Y8.jpg

My mod list is:

Uprated panel filter Piper-X
Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres
Xenon lights (came with the car.. don't think they're standard for Cup models)
Team Heko wind deflectors
Uprated Engine mounts and bushes
New Headunit

- Not sure if lowered though? It's got red springs but i've got no paperwork..

I want to modify it more but there's nothing else that appeals to me if I'm honest. Am open to ideas :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
if u look closely at the rear springs from underneath the back of the car u should see eibach written on them if they are sportlines. looks really nice i have a hankering for another cup as a weekend toy.

Clio 172 Cup
In April I had an incident which involved my car meeting the low bar of a co-op lorry. They didn't notice the impact but everythings been sorted and noone paid the other party anything.

Can't say it was the most fun thing..
N4mp22F.jpg

rsstIeN.jpg

These pictures I took a mile away from crash site...

Anyway got to repairing it. Annoyingly cup parts are different to the other sports - different radiator etc etc
o3TW7lF.jpg

xCVSErC.jpg

Realising the bonnet was a wrong shade of blue (You can't tell in the picture but it was different) I went cheapskate and matte blacked it..

SkQbnz9.jpg

9IevPyC.jpg

Oh and then after 45 miles of combe the engine broke. I didn't replace the alternator after the crash so it eventually slackened and the belt broke- taking out the cambelt.

#Awkward
MkbmW9z.jpg

So the combined cost of everything. It still works out better than a new car I guess as its a decent clio with low mileage engine and now all new wishbones, dampers, mounts, belts, pumps Evveerything done. Paid about £2.4k so far on everything since April... Eesh

Here's it now

NfSCUNy.jpg