ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mechanic crashed my car

S3, HD Nightster
good point mate really i mean accidents happen and thats what insurance is for i mean we can all slate the said mechanic but none of us were there i mean there could have bin spilt diesel on road. I mean yeah i can understand you bein pissed off i think most people would cause of damage but'll soon be sorted

b*llocks, a responsible mechanic would never put themselves in a situation where he/she could be anywhere near losing the back end.

Octavia vRS tfsi
Flippin Heck!!!

Thats shocking ^^ What did he do?!?

OP - Understand your anger, but as said a load of time already, at least your getting something decent out of it! And next time you go, they'll be dead nice to you lol!

Ran straight into the front of a 40ft dumptruck :rolleyes:

On a "parts run". Ha. That parts run cost him I'll tell ya!

Megane r26
so how would they know if there was any sort of spilt substance on the road? And tbh with weather and roads how they are it wouldn't take much 2 loose back end! Oh as i metioned in previous posts none of us were there so we only know wot we bin told i mean dont get me wrong i'd be pissed 2 but its easy to go slating on forums aint it!

S3, HD Nightster
so how would they know if there was any sort of spilt substance on the road? And tbh with weather and roads how they are it wouldn't take much 2 loose back end!

Could try looking at the road ahead? I know I would be if I was driving someone else's car.

Megane r26
you must have extremly good vision then 2 spot things such as diesel pal maybe you could give motorcyclists and other motorists a lesson in spotting it cause it causes plently of accidents!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Love the people say why be angry Ect, put yourself in his shoes, you leave your car for the day for a service you come back and its been smashedd up.

Very much doubt you would give the mechanic a hug and tell him its ok.

Static Low
Love the people say why be angry Ect, put yourself in his shoes, you leave your car for the day for a service you come back and its been smashedd up.

Very much doubt you would give the mechanic a hug and tell him its ok.

if he had told me to my face id probbaly have seriously kicked off.

but he called from the scene, so i had a bit of time to cool down.

i cant see this place ripping me of though, i just hope that the car is repaired properly and they dont f**k about. will be phoning me tomorrow to let me know whats happening. just want it all over :dapprove:

Ph1 172; MX5
I'd get them to buy the car. At the end of the day it'll be crash repaired, something I definitely wouldn't like, no matter what freebies they threw my way.

I always, always, always take a photo of the odometer and trip clock when dropping off a car, even with a mechanic I've used for years and I always clarify that the car is not to be test driven by anyone unless I'm present. Twice now I've refused to pay bills when there's been less than 0.5 of a mile on the car that wasn't supposed to be there because what do I know if they've hit the limiter from cold pulling off.

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
yep. thats right.

front bumper off, back bumper dented a good bit, one goodyear tyre dead, one freshly refurbed alloy dented and the passenger seat airbag deploid.

FURIOUS beyond words.
renualts built for safety lolollollool feck the driver

Static Low
Just found this mate feel sorry for you.....it getting repaird or write off ??

getting repaired mate. new front bumper, 172 rear bumper, alloy fixed, seat and airbag fixed and a new tyre. i think thats all but will be inspected tomorrow.

White Sti Hatch
No structural stuff bent or that no ?? cant be fucked reading every page so dunno what the guy hit.

Static Low
he just hit a grass verge mate. cause cars so low, the bumper was straight off. he said there mght be some damage to the radiator but hes gong to check it all out tomorrow. might actualy go round and watch him.

White Sti Hatch
he just hit a grass verge mate. cause cars so low, the bumper was straight off. he said there mght be some damage to the radiator but hes gong to check it all out tomorrow. might actualy go round and watch him.

I would mate ! make sure its done right n nothins half arsed !

Renault
AG Motorsport?? Is that in Kilmarnock? If so where abouts? (I'm from Kilmarnock also).

Seems some mechanics can't be trusted these days. I left one of my cars in (the megane) a garage for a simple task, and I got it back with practically every subframe bolt loose which has killed the wishbone.

Not anywhere near your poblem, but just adding to the 'trust' statement I made.

Hope it gets sorted out mate.

White Sti Hatch
Never leave my car at a garage for luck less i trust the place or whos working on it, if not ill wait at the ramp while the guy works on it !

Sorry to hear that.
Make sure they replace the air bag and the air bag ecu and don't just stitch the seat up.

Static Low
AG Motorsport?? Is that in Kilmarnock? If so where abouts? (I'm from Kilmarnock also).

Seems some mechanics can't be trusted these days. I left one of my cars in (the megane) a garage for a simple task, and I got it back with practically every subframe bolt loose which has killed the wishbone.

Not anywhere near your poblem, but just adding to the 'trust' statement I made.

Hope it gets sorted out mate.

yeah mate. its out at the new moorfield industrial estate across from the cotton mill. They sed to be out on the galston road think. on the good garages scheme, got a good name. got there own rally car

im soo gutted. just sitting in here tonight thinkng about it.

someone else has crashed my car..i feel lke i should go and hound them tomorrow.

Octavia vRS tfsi
I hounded the garage that crashed mine. The difference being I suppose that mine was obviously completely written off so they had no choice but to pay me money/pay for a new car. How much though was a different matter.

Just got my solicitor to deal with him and after he being a little awkward at times he eventually paid up what I valued the car at, plus expenses to go get another one, plus a little happy money. He didn't want it through the insurance. I think the mechanic that stuck it under the truck actually took out a loan to pay me back.

Clio Rsi
I hounded the garage that crashed mine. The difference being I suppose that mine was obviously completely written off so they had no choice but to pay me money/pay for a new car. How much though was a different matter.

Just got my solicitor to deal with him and after he being a little awkward at times he eventually paid up what I valued the car at, plus expenses to go get another one, plus a little happy money. He didn't want it through the insurance. I think the mechanic that stuck it under the truck actually took out a loan to pay me back.

f**king right as well mate! If he was using your car for a 'parts run', then u need to take him to the cleaners!
There is absolutely no need for a garage to take your car on a parts run.
Most car garages have a communal car that can be used, or the parts companies deliver to the garage, or...........shock horror.............the mechanic could use his own car!
Driving someone elses car is inexcusable, unless it is on a necessary road test, of which you should be present!

Alfa GT
One of the guys I work with used to be a mechanic at Renault. He told me that one of the mechanics took a clio on a road test after it was repaired and flipped it a few times. Car was a total right off. He said when the women found out, she burst into tears.

alien green rs133
a place called AG motorsport bud.
under the good garages scheme. pretty good place.

thats what i said too.. but i didnt want to start fights. when everythings sorted il take his head off

you do know how the good garages scheme works dont you

a garage just pays a few grand to get put on the list, thus why we are not on it, total con

There's some f**king tools on here TBH. No offence to the Dan, but I cannot believe there are people here saying essentially "what's the problem?"

Want me to come over and take your car out for a 'spin'? I promise I'll fix it after. LOL whatever.

E87 118d M Sport
in my honest opinion i would not accept the car fixed and a free service and mot.
repairing the car is a given. fixing the car they arent giving you anything.
to have a free mot and service isnt costing them much at all.
i dont know what the laws are regading this, but there MUST be something more you can do

106 GTi
There's some f**king tools on here TBH. No offence to the Dan, but I cannot believe there are people here saying essentially "what's the problem?"

Want me to come over and take your car out for a 'spin'? I promise I'll fix it after. LOL whatever.

Fact is once cars are fixed they are never the same again. I would be furious to.

Lol, at all the people saying about road conditions etc. It's a FWD hatch with less that 100bhp. The back end does not step out if you're driving to the conditions diesel patch or not. If it did I'd have binned my car numerous times in the last 10 years on the way to work.
If it was a 500bhp RWD monster with no traction you might almost be able to convince me the mechanic was innocent and unfortunate but in a clio, no chance.

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
^^ i agree with the above, at the end of the day what was the mechanic doing driving like a t**t, why was he not concertrating (sp) on his driving enough to not catch the verge. Sorry but just a bumper and free service id be going nuts and getting inspectors in with every thing else. sod the car they need to pay for ragging your car around matey, you need todo it now as if you do it later all they will have to say is that you agreed to take the first aggreement (my spellings are crap)

Static Low
aw f**k. i dont know what to do guys :dapprove:. ive been told i can get solicitors n etc. Id love to take them to the cleaners, because last night i could honestly barely sleep. Im distraught

E87 118d M Sport
then do it! there is NO excuse for it. was it wet on the roads yesterday where he drove? if not then to get the back end out on a car is due to careless and reckless driving ONLY>

Titanium 182
Out of intrest did the car have a tendency to step out being so low ?

When mine was really low it did it a lot, was scary!
But mine was farr too low at the back and not low enough at the front and wasnt set up properly at all!

Static Low
It was really wet yesterday guys and i have felt my back end slide a few times on bends. It happened during the summer and i ended up in the verge aswell, but i managed to reverse out.

E87 118d M Sport
then in the blokes defense it may have been an accident, but thats not reali the problem. If they were taking care of the customers property that has been entrusted to them and they abused that they should be punished.

Titanium 182
Maybe he wasn't caining it as much as everyone is making out then. I know I had to be very gentle with mine in the wet despite it being a slow as fvck fwd hatch :eek: