ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meg 250

130i Road, 172 Track
Best mate's 250 = beast. This thing hammers and looks absolute pr0n. After 10 months of ownership he still gets people taking photos of it in the street!

So far mods are:
- Eibach springs
- K-Tec cat-back exhaust
- vinyl wrapped black badges
- RENAULTsport gear knob

Should be a couple more bits and pieces coming soon :cool:

6028981630_1f943fd481_z.jpg

6028980266_cd1f8cbddf_z.jpg

6028992072_5ff0f69063_z.jpg

5921502332_e74280af39_z.jpg

5921502994_5ab0e66abf_z.jpg

Nissan 350z
As great as they are, and theres no doubting that. I just cannot get over the body panel lines! I think Renault really dropped the ball by letting them be assembled in Spain rather than at Dieppe where they could have produced bespoke body panels rather than the "stuck on" look :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Best colour for them by a huge margin.

Looks amazing. I bet it gets even more attention over there due to the rarity.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I dunno. I used to hate them... not so much now.

I think they'll be sought after in the future, much like Turbines were.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Definitely the best colour, although I will say it doesn't always look that good, the light is flattering it there. But it's definitely the colour I'd choose if I was ordering one.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Absolutely love that! I like the wheels, too.

Great photos as per usual mate.

BMW M135i
Hate the 19s. Love oyster grey, if I relent and buy anothe renaultsport car it will be an oyster grey 250.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Had a little roffle at the op 's description!

Was waiting for Lambo pictures!

Nice colour though.

Had a little roffle at the op 's description!

Was waiting for Lambo pictures!

Nice colour though.

I wasn't the only one then? Taking photos of a Meg? I like them, and look round when they go past... but no photos!

Colour is superb, but wheels and panels are gash.

I Only like those wheels with that colour.. That looks perfect IMO.

Lol @ the stuck on body panels, Does not look anywhere near as stuck on as a V6.

Looks awesome there. Wicked colour. Crap wheels.

RE: the comments about the panels. The location where it's built has little or no affect on this. It's engineered that way. IIRRC all Dieppe cars use bodies from the main plants anyway. The cost saving implications (of stick on extensions) during body construction are pretty far reaching. either way, I'm pretty sure that Dieppe doesn't have it's own bodyshop...does it? I thought they had the shells delivered.

Proper colour and spec. Those wheels have really grown on me, I reckon I'd be wanting those if I was purchasing a 250 now.

130i Road, 172 Track
Cheers for the comments fellas.

Those wheels - when I first saw them in photos etc I thought they were vomit-inducingly ugly. Like, real bad. I tried to convince my mate to get the 18s but the way they do the Meganes over here it comes in 2 trims - Cup or Trophee. Cup gets black inserts, black 18s, no recaros etc etc and Trophee gets grey inserts (except in the Oyster Grey it gets black), the 19s, Recaros and a few other bits. At the time, to get the 18s on the Trophee was a long wait as they had to source the wheels from France, so my mate went ahead with the 19s. The first time I saw them in the flesh I said, "they look better than in the photos but still gash," but now I've grown to like them and think it's one part of the car that seems to attract a lot of attention.

It's not a supercar but people take photos of it in the street - it's very strange but it does happen. I've been in Lotuses, Lambos, GT3s etc (fancy cars) and you get people taking photos but never in a hot hatch. I think it's because where we live in Sydney there are about 10000 Golf GTIs, Focus STs etc and people like their hot hatches, but this thing just looks so fresh compared to them. Yes, it looks a bit like a Mazda 3/Seat Cupra, whatever, but the whole car works better as a package + with the wheels it really does look "special".

Anyway, he's just had a small bingle last week and run up the back of a ute with metal trayback, at only 10km/h but it's caused a fair bit of damage. So that's away getting fixed but to make himself feel better when it comes back he's getting the roof done in gloss black to match the front bumper, mirrors & diffuser :cool:

Forgot to mention in the OP that it's got 3 options - xenons, parking sensors & leather Recaros.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
They look better everytime I look at one, I don't want to spend that much though!!

RB One Eight Two
The nicest 250 I have seen so far. The best colour by far and I like those wheels.

3rd pic is awesome.