ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225/230 engine fuelling questions

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
If one cylinder is running so lean as to cause damage because of fuel starvation shouldn't the car be chucking an "ooooh f**k" code? Or are those protections removed/wound back by the mapping to gain the extra power?

Genuine question, I've no idea, I wouldn't have thought a relatively modern engine would permit that level of damage without at least logging a fault code but that's nothing more than an assumption.

You would be surprised.

The pistons in my original engine had ringlands with big chunks missing and only sign of any problem was it used oil.

The only reason I rebuilt the engine was because the gearbox went otherwise I would have continued to just top the oil up 😂

IMG_6925_zps3d89f5cf.jpg

IMG_6926_zps5cc60787.jpg

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
You would be surprised.

The pistons in my original engine had ringlands with big chunks missing and only sign of any problem was it used oil.

The only reason I rebuilt the engine was because the gearbox went otherwise I would have continued to just top the oil up 😂

IMG_6925_zps3d89f5cf.jpg

IMG_6926_zps5cc60787.jpg
you able to show me the pictures.. i bought a megane 225 in january and all i have done is top up the oil.

clio 172 ph2
I know this is an old thread but id just like to add my 2 pence worth my car is forged now an when i removed the pistons an rods they were mint not a mark on them you could still read the part numbers off the big end bearings an the bores were like new it had done 60k 10k by me usual mods an map running 283/309 thrashed daily never more than 20 quid in the tank an never missed a beat apart from a blown turbo an slipping clutch cars with less power have gone tits up so its purely pot luck imo or maybe how pist the frenchman who built it was also mine is a 2008 r26 f1 anyway just wanted to get that off my chest

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Fuel pump is typically the thing that expires. Its efficiency is reduced and its recommended to change at 72k mi - thats what tends to make the ringlands fail