ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 250 Powered 200 Radier

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Not sure how I got to suggest a 173 in my last post. Gotta be a typo?! I wasn't that tired!

Little Update:
Ive got plans to do all of this either way, but on how i do it or on which car i dont know! Ive got a BG182 (yet for pics for you guys) its a smart little run about, so ive got my first problem sorted!!

My dream would be to do this to the raider (if you follow my instagram youll know all this):
- RS250 forged engine in the raider (standard turbo to begin with) (6/7k)
- Porsche 6pot brembo fronts with 350/380mm 2 piece disks (from reyland motorsport) (1/1.5k)
- Porsche 4pot brembo rears with unknown size 2 piece disks (from reyland motorsport) + a seperate handbrake caliper (cable) (750/1k)
- OZ Racing Challenge HLT CL (Centerlock wheels) (2.5/3k)
- Cup Skirts + Secondary boot with cup wing repsrayed (so i dont change orignal boot) (1k)
- 3" Exhaust Mainfold Back.
problem being thats alot of money, and it will be done over next 2/3 years.

or litchy as in a quote above has tempted me in just buying this and using raider as daily (gutting to do) obviously sell the bg182.
View attachment 118053
If you've got 6k for the conversion, extra 2.5k and you get this and you can keep your own car......

My thoughts are. Do i use litchy's as a donor car for my raider? it has the skirts/cupwing and obviously the rs250 engine, with that i knwo the engine is sound and i wouldhave less worrys, thinking about this as it would solve both my problems, and im sure as litchy has my money he wont mind be using it as a donor for bigger project.

Thoughts and advice??? i know i talked about it before but even with a new little baby now, i still have money to go ahead with it :smile: (misses hates me) @litchy @Knuckles

Edit.
Forgot to update, ive done little touches to the raider while she has been offroad.
Raider:
- Osram Nightbreaker Unlimted Headlamps
- Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited Cornering lamps
- Osram 501 Cool Blue Intense Sidelights
- Osram Diadem Chrome Indicator Blubs
- Tinted Rear lights and front lights by 15% (only small amount to take the edge off)
- Black Badges Soon To Be Fitted When Boot with Cup Wing is here.
- Black Diamonds

BG182:
- Fresh Powdercoated Turini's
- Aluminium Battery Cover
- New Style Rs Badge
- Fresh Matt Black Sprayed Grills
- Recaro Half Leather Seats
- Soon To Be Snappy Steering Wheel
- Ktec Induction Kit
- Full Scopion Decat Exhaust
- 98 Ron Map
- Fresh Cambelt/Aux/PASPump/Dephaser
- Dash Trims In BMW Graphite.
- Engine Rocker Silver/ Upper Inlet Silver Respray

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd just buy litchy's car and put the exterior back to standard tbh, keep the raider as a standard example and enjoy the r27

I've half a mind to put mine up for sale and give litchy asking price for his lol

I'd just buy litchy's car and put the exterior back to standard tbh, keep the raider as a standard example and enjoy the r27

I've half a mind to put mine up for sale and give litchy asking price for his lol
I've got so many thoughts, I've just always wanted to go crazy with the raider, I'm in 2 mines to just sell up and have the r27

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've got so many thoughts, I've just always wanted to go crazy with the raider, I'm in 2 mines to just sell up and have the r27

You need to weigh up what it's worth, what it will be worth and what it'll be worth if you modify it so heavily tbh.

Buying a ready made one is the way to go if, like me, you have neither deep pockets, the time or skills to do it yourself

You need to weigh up what it's worth, what it will be worth and what it'll be worth if you modify it so heavily tbh.

Buying a ready made one is the way to go if, like me, you have neither deep pockets, the time or skills to do it yourself
ive got a fair bit of time, and average knowledge but i have a father that has a ramp alot of knowledge but not complete know how, but id get the engine put in my dan@sjm but preped by me and dad.

tbh im not going to do it for money, just experience and fun if i do it to the raider. been thinking about it tonight got a go in a rs265 megane and loved it, but still hate the look dno why!
but its cheaper either way to buy litchy's 197, even if i move the engine or not. might just keep the 197 and sell raider. so many options but i dno if i can bring myself to sell the raider!

So a little side project building a 250 Gearbox Superkart with my farther.
c9a3462af9e10ea4e799a0fd2a327243.jpg

So plans changed and this is happening now.

Member from cliosport.net and clio200.net forum, don't post a huge amount but will be starting to go to some meets and shows once car is completed.

Currently a owner of a Clio 200 Raider, i have now purchase a barely used RS250 engine from josh cook that is sat waiting for me to put it in the clio (took me over a year to find a good one). Talking with Josh Cook who is fitting it for me, spec will be as close to this as I can:

- RS250 Engine, 250 gearbox (with quaife diff) (i know the 250 gearbox might not fit, josh thinks it will so fingers crossed!)
- 3" Titanium Custom Tubular Exhaust
- Mapped by RS-Tuning
- Stage 2 K-Tec Hybird Turbo (Once car is settled)
- 630cc Injectors (with Hybird)
- 330mm Big Brake Setup

Exterior is currently undergoing the change already and is being done by Simon @ Spray Shack:
- Gloss Black Front Splitter
- Flat Gloss Black Cup Side Skirts
- Gloss Black Cup Wing
- Matt Black Interior Dash Trims

Having some profession photos done soon by @danieljenkins_photo on Instagram.

So expect a slow but a,among progress, ill be doing things properly!

Any ideas let me know :smile: