ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 250 Powered 200 Radier

Well its been a few weeks since i picked up this beauty from wigan...

Stats:
- Clio 200 Raider 26/28
- Divaolo Red (Matt)
- Sat Nav Version
- 14,860 Miles
- 61 Reg (2012 Registered)

Been waiting a long time for the right 200 to come up and i jumped at this when i saw it!
15190262284_5163ce16f0_o.jpg

15786556536_f707f16b41_o.jpg
15190774823_c81114a330_o.jpg

Plans:
- TPI Polarised Bolts
- Full Akrapovic Evo Exhaust
- H&R Spacers & Springs
- K-Tec Induction Kit
- R26R Groved Disks & DS2500 Pads (Maybe DS3000), Stealth Black Braided Lines, Refilled with SuperBlue Brake Fuild

Optional Plans:
- Painting back of recaros Divaolo Red (Maybe Gloss Black)
- Gloss Black Dash Trims
- Adding Steering Wheel Trim in Gloss Black
- Debadge "Clio" (Not sure how they are attached, dont want to damage the matt paint and leave residue)

Cheers guys! They only made 11 reds I think out of the 28, I know 2 grey have been crashed, and only 8 reds had Satnav, from what I've been told, looks lush! If Simon from spray shack gets back to me I might pop down to his Wednesday or Thursday so he can advise me on what to do as wanted few bits sorted! And hoping to get to some meets soon!

Cheers!! Speaking to Fred@BTM to book it in Friday for Springs, but would 25mm spacers be to much? Due to the 18" wheels? Anyone got experience? Maybe 15mm? If anyone knows anyone who could help please do

Nice! Are you berkshire way?

If so, head along to some of the meets. :smile:
about a hour and 20 from me, Worcestershire way!

Looks superb this

cheers, will picking up some bits and bobs from you shortly!

Looks nice.

Don't do the back of the recaros red though, it'll look naff IMO.
Gloss Black?

And they'll get damaged easily with people in the back!

Nice car :smile:
i dont do passengers, ever... learnt lessons from that haha!

the man in the know? previously had this dilemma? @Groms

Little Update:
Looking to get srpigns done friday, been advised to let them bed in for a month by fred, before spacers, then will get a akrapovic evo exhaust fitted asap...

also looking into getting HID's for my projectors, and led side lights/ number plate lights, the HID's im unsure and if anyone can help me in what i need would be grateful cheers!

also in the mean time im looking at getting a LY 182, or maybe alba blue or LY 197 if i can stretch... to enable me to take some of the daily mileage to work and back, i wanted to keep the mileage as low as i can, and only drive it for pleasure at nights and weekends, so if any pop up for the right price ill be seeing what i can do in the near future...

have got some better pictures but havent had time to upload them yet, will do shortly!

HIDS are H1 I believe, and sidelights 501 bulbs. I sent you a PM.
ill let you know on the pm asap.

after little thought, ive agreed with what most have said that getting a 197 is stupid as a second car as i got a 200... so i will be looking for a 172/182,

and the extra cash i will save is my new idea, i never had the balls before and not sure i might regret it, but since ill svae 1,200 from the exhaust and about 2,000 from the 197 ill save a little more and get a full rs250 megane conversion (i think by sc auto elec, heard they are people in the know)....

what do you guys think? stupid idea on a raider? or worth the money?

Suzuki Jimny
The raiders aren't going to be worth loads in the future in my opinion, so might as well go for it. The ultimate clio 200!

Entirely depends what you want, but be sure that anything you spend on mods does not add that amount to resale value :]
yeah, well most 197 with the convertsion are goign for 3/4k more, for the ones with a decent conversion, like itchy's.. so hoping ill be able to get the same, but i understand selling them will be harder.

The raiders aren't going to be worth loads in the future in my opinion, so might as well go for it. The ultimate clio 200!
yeah hopign they will hold there value similar to the trophy's, and tbh mines like a baby so the paintwork will always be 100%! because of the disappointment of the 200T i think 200 will hold value more than expected, but as long as the raider is 3k ish above the standard ill be happy, but not expecting much tbh haha!!

guessing sc auto's are the people to talk to then?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
f**k me, you aren't hanging around!

The megged 197/200s are for sale for £3/4k more, but they stay for sale.

Just be wary of that. Some lad on one of the fb pages has been trying to flog his 200 for the past year.

But yes, sc autos are the guys to speak to.

f**k me, you aren't hanging around!

The megged 197/200s are for sale for £3/4k more, but they stay for sale.

Just be wary of that. Some lad on one of the fb pages has been trying to flog his 200 for the past year.

But yes, sc autos are the guys to speak to.
ill be honest, i nearly brought itchy's 197 when he put it up for sale a while ago, and been fixated on owning one since, and beign without a power on my foot for a year living in a diesel has killed me...
and tbh i get excited and tend to either go full into it, or nothing at all haha!!

ill be honest the conversion wont be for a little while, i want to make sure i have everthing is 100%, and ive got to source a rs250 engine, if anyone knows of one let me know...

hmm oh really? so what would a realistic vaule after the conversion +2k?
im taking it a conversion will be 5/6k? so a loss of 3/4k?

ok well give them a ring see what they come up with

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't do it personally, if and when you come to sell people will want oem models then engine conversions done to then etc imo.
Itchy can't seem.to sell or get what he wants for his iirc

I wouldn't do it personally, if and when you come to sell people will want oem models then engine conversions done to then etc imo.
Itchy can't seem.to sell or get what he wants for his iirc
only reason i can see why itchy hasn't sold his is due to the Cat C, it was what put me off.

but basicly if i do this ill be expecting no money back! hmm

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
ill be honest, i nearly brought itchy's 197 when he put it up for sale a while ago, and been fixated on owning one since, and beign without a power on my foot for a year living in a diesel has killed me...
and tbh i get excited and tend to either go full into it, or nothing at all haha!!

ill be honest the conversion wont be for a little while, i want to make sure i have everthing is 100%, and ive got to source a rs250 engine, if anyone knows of one let me know...

hmm oh really? so what would a realistic vaule after the conversion +2k?
im taking it a conversion will be 5/6k? so a loss of 3/4k?

ok well give them a ring see what they come up with

It'll be worth what people are willing to pay so it's very difficult to put a value on it.

The only definite is you won't see your money back.

To be fair though, financial investments aren't the reason to do this conversion. If you want more power, go for it, when you come to sell, put it up for what you want and adjust the price if need be until you find a buyer.

I'd love to do this conversion. But I think I'll end up just buying another car altogether.

It'll be worth what people are willing to pay so it's very difficult to put a value on it.

The only definite is you won't see your money back.

To be fair though, financial investments aren't the reason to do this conversion. If you want more power, go for it, when you come to sell, put it up for what you want and adjust the price if need be until you find a buyer.

I'd love to do this conversion. But I think I'll end up just buying another car altogether.
yeah i mean just spoek to sc autos, and they said 5-7k for a top notch convertion, 4k on a budget, but more money better outcome, obviously... steve was very helpful...
but at 6k... the extra 2k might steal itchys car.. (if he is still selling it) because he wanted 9k for it 8 months ago.

weighing up the options, but if i do convert like you said im not doing it to gain money haha!

Well if you expect no money back, and can deal with the cost of how ever much it is, then DO IT!
on it! haha

What did Steve say the difference between the £5-7k conversion and the budget one?
not sure if youd know knuckles, as im looking for rs250 lump, ill get the bottom sprayed black and top red prob... not sure, anyways worth doing other things like get some spare wishbones and powercoat/spray them? just to make it look nice, as i might have engine sooner than them fitting it but ill prep loads before, what you think? any other bits your suggest?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
not sure if youd know knuckles, as im looking for rs250 lump, ill get the bottom sprayed black and top red prob... not sure, anyways worth doing other things like get some spare wishbones and powercoat/spray them? just to make it look nice, as i might have engine sooner than them fitting it but ill prep loads before, what you think? any other bits your suggest?

I wouldn't know sorry, but a standard looking engine with a body coloured cover always looks great :)

Quick update, got h&r springs fitted yesterday by @Fred@BTM, he is a great guy helped me out a lot, sorted out my brembo pins with a clean for nothing just good will! Guy knows his stuff to, I'd happily drive for 90 minutes to get him to do anything to my car! Will get pictures soon!

Gone against HID's just going to get white standard bulbs, any suggestions?

Retreads the RS250 conversion, got a lot of details! Am debating doing it to the raider costing about 6/7k after all he little bits! Or second opinion is keeping it as it is and looking at @litchy in talks about buying it in a few months, he is wanting only a little above my budget force conversion! So maybe I'd feel happier doing that, unsure in wether I'd keep the raider as a second car thou as would be weird having a second car with less power (I wouldn't want as first as I want to keep miles down)! Thoughts????

Also brought a s**t load of detailing products and equipment to help with keeping the car tip top no expense spared, got so,e swissvax opaque wax and pre cleaner, some glazes and fillers suggested by @gally so looking forward to using them on the roof only ;)!

Few pictures to come! Give me your thoughts!

My car is up for 8.5k. (Incidentally I've never really advertised it). If you going to lose any money, putting 6k into a raider that's cost 10k/12k or buying a car that cost 8.5k with the 6k anyway. This 8.5k includes KW club sports & Comp MOs. You'll lose more pulling the raider apart. Most cars I've ever played around with, I've never thought about losing money as I wouldn't ever have done it in the first place. It's just been a really good project and a fantastic car. I could have sold it 10x over already, just know Cat C or not, couldn't build another for 8.5k, as that would mean buying a standard car for 2k!!!!!

Yeah that's what I'm weighing up and tbh part of me is heading towards biting the bullet and buying yours haha!! But getting few other bits sorted first!! That's if no1 else has snapped it up! Been weighing the cost up for a while!