ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26R

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
Do you know if you fit a standard Megane stereo will the display in the r26r wire in ok, are all the cable there ? I assume there is no difference in the displays?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Do you know if you fit a standard Megane stereo will the display in the r26r wire in ok, are all the cable there ? I assume there is no difference in the displays?

All plug and play, there are even instructions in the manual on how to fit.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
well managed to drive it in the dry today for the 1st time. Covered 40 miles on back roads to drop it off for its detail. All I can say is that it's a absolute hoot to drive. Haven't driven a standard R26R so can't comment how a standards vs modded compares, but mine as more than enough power to have fun and cover ground at a rapid rate. Steering is sublime once the 888s have warmed up. Expensive machine? Yes it's a large outlay but worth it.

Evo 5 RS
Jesus. That said I was looking at some of the Lancer ones, and my car was going for the same I paid for it back in 2009 lol. Both seem to be good investments atm

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Who knows, just nice to know I won't lose any money. The detailing work being completed will no doubt pay for itself.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Really difficult to judge what will rise but one off rally cars and very limited run cars usually are a safe bet.
I remember 4-5 years ago there were dozens of Sierra Sapphire Cosworth's going for 4-5k. Well that ship as sailed lol.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Really difficult to judge what will rise but one off rally cars and very limited run cars usually are a safe bet.
I remember 4-5 years ago there were dozens of Sierra Sapphire Cosworth's going for 4-5k. Well that ship as sailed lol.
I have hopes that the same will apply to my AG200 in the future. With only 55 in the uk, everyone's gotta have a dream! Lol!

I looked at getting an r26r when I was looking for the AG, but they were more than I ideally wanted to spend. Nice looking R @Ant1

R26.R & 200T
Glad your enjoying it mate! Theres been a handful over the last year that have been shipped abroad including the one Divine Automotive had for sale recently so hopefully prices will shoot up again in the summer.

Make sure you put some pics are when its detailed! Love fresh clean .R

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Glad your enjoying it mate! Theres been a handful over the last year that have been shipped abroad including the one Divine Automotive had for sale recently so hopefully prices will shoot up again in the summer.

Make sure you put some pics are when its detailed! Love fresh clean .R

Don't I know it, I missed out on that one by 8hrs 😧

That's exactly right, a late 4x4 Saph Cosworth has always been a dream car for me but i'm well and truly priced out of the market now, the RSOC estimate they are going up around £2000 a year which I believe, ok ones used to be about 4/5 grand as above, now they are like 10!!! Minters are crazy money now.....

The R26-R is a cracking buy as a fun toy AND an investment imo, one to enjoy and not lock up never to be seen again :up::up:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
That's exactly right, a late 4x4 Saph Cosworth has always been a dream car for me but i'm well and truly priced out of the market now, the RSOC estimate they are going up around £2000 a year which I believe, ok ones used to be about 4/5 grand as above, now they are like 10!!! Minters are crazy money now.....

The R26-R is a cracking buy as a fun toy AND an investment imo, one to enjoy and not lock up never to be seen again :up::up:

No chance if that lol, it's used daily...

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's safe to say it's never been clayed before and perhaps not waxed in a long time....

IMG_1097.PNG
IMG_1093.PNG
IMG_1094.PNG
IMG_1095.PNG

Test panel

IMG_1098.PNG

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
For a full detail will he not remove the plastic trims/bump strips?

Not needed, I don't want things disturbed to much, he is taking the spoiler off for example, but I didn't want door trims removed. You could argue that I should be having the decals removed, waiting list for those is 6 weeks and around £500.

Clio 197,with megan'
I had a R26R. A lovely car, but I was putting too many miles on it, so sold for R26,sold that for the Shed. Give me the choice of these, and I would pick the Clio, but nothing wrong at all with the other two. Pay your money, take your choice.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I had a R26R. A lovely car, but I was putting too many miles on it, so sold for R26,sold that for the Shed. Give me the choice of these, and I would pick the Clio, but nothing wrong at all with the other two. Pay your money, take your choice.

Indeed, I will only do 3-4K per annum so will keep it nice and low.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That panel is super shinny. once its done you'll cringe when you drive it in the wet.
I almost think you may buy something else until the weather improves so it stays mint.?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
That panel is super shinny. once its done you'll cringe when you drive it in the wet.
I almost think you may buy something else until the weather improves so it stays mint.?

Nah the reason for this work is to protect it from the elimants and only requires washing and drying. I have all the right gear to keep it looking this good but I am not skilled enough to get it to this stage.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nah the reason for this work is to protect it from the elimants and only requires washing and drying. I have all the right gear to keep it looking this good but I am not skilled enough to get it to this stage.
Ah right well that makes sense, enjoy it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks amazing Ant. Detail is cheap for that level of work so well played.

Always make my mind boggle at so called professional detailers removing tar with a clay bar though. @JD .

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Isn't that kind of inevitable? Removing the tar if you're clay baring it, I mean lol.

Some tar on the car bar is expectable, especially on a black car where you will miss it during the tar x/tardis stage but that's a hell of a lot of tar on that clay so it's clear he hasn't used tar x or he's only done one hit, not wiped the contaminated areas enough and definitely isn't folding the clay enough.

The reason why that is a booboo is because with car paint you want to limit contact time as much as possible so the more you're dragging that s**t over the paint the more damage you're doing therefore the more correction you have to do meaning that you're taking more clearcoat off.

Ultimately it's very small amounts but this is detailing and it's good to be anal.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah that occurred to me afterward, the fact it's black won't help matters. I have enough sympathy and little enough experience to leave clay baring for when someone I trust can correct the car. Thinking of checking out Nick at SL Restorations prices once I'm happy with the paint.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They don't get better than Nick.

Also you should have zero to very little tar on a clay bar. The deeper the scratches inflicted the more clear removed when polishing. No wonder the before shot looked so bad... it was caused by the detailer!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
They don't get better than Nick.

Also you should have zero to very little tar on a clay bar. The deeper the scratches inflicted the more clear removed when polishing. No wonder the before shot looked so bad... it was caused by the detailer!

To be fair the paint had very heavy contamination and it had heavy swirling from the off. As long as the end result it what I expect than job done :)