ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mike's 182 FF

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Hey guys, picked up my first RS today. 04 182 FF with 46k on the clock. Drive home was absolutely awesome, already planning on a catback yozza system! Just thought i would introduce myself, and start a project thread for the new car :cool:

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Car is standard at the moment, with both cup packs. Number plate is personalised and came with the car, i think its kinda cool! Absolutely loving the car, trying to think of excuses to go drive it :D

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Very impressive service, already turned up and getting it fitted this afternoon. Never heard this system decatted before, hopefully its not *too* loud :D :p

IMG_0846.JPG

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great finish on it mate, love titanium!

What camera are you using dude?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Well after not even a week of ownership, my mint 182 now has a large dent in the passenger door because some f*** wit is incapable of opening a door without embedding it in mine. No number left either....great.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Reason i went for this car was because it was absolutely mint, gutted now :(

dent.jpg

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
let us know what it sounds like. maybe i might purchase the decat myself

Well i had the system on without the decat at first, and tbh didn't notice much of a difference in performance or sound. Got the decat fitted on sunday, not only is the throttle response better, but the thing sounds absolutely amazing. Very happy with it :)

where u from mate might b able 2 help with repairing the dent
Worthing mate, miles away!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Sounds good although a bit different to the Scorpion imola I have but then again im not decatted. I'll get a video later if I can get home before I get dark!

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Just got back from the rollers, brilliant day with loads of nice cars. Wasn't expecting a decent run due to the blowing decat, but was actually pleasantly surprised. My best run was 176.6bhp & 145ftlb. It was interesting to see the difference between mine and nicks car, as his has been remapped, which has smoothed out the "5k kick" when the cams come on. His graph was steady throughout, but on mine theres an obvious increase at 5500rpm.

Noticed one of the tyres was slightly flat tonight, will get that pumped up in the morning, everything else is checked and ready for the bedford trackday on monday

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Took the 182 on a track day yesterday and have to say i am very impressed. Copy and pasted from another forum...

Haha, i've never had so much fun in my life, problem is i can't wait until the next track day now.

Some thoughts about the car...

Power wise, surprisingly, im happy. Of course i would like more, but its the least of my troubles at the moment. The major issue is handling. While it might be one of the best handling hot hatches around, it still understeers like a mother ****** when pushed to far. I had to fight sooooooooo hard with the steering to keep it in shape. The brakes are ok. The seemed to boil VERY quickly (after 4 laps) which means i had to keep coming in for 30mins. They don't inspire massive confidence, but they are far from terrible, and i don't have 1k for some 4 pots, so they will have to do

I don't recall ever feeling the car to be "boaty", infact quite the opposite. The cars initial turn in was pin sharp, and it seemed pretty flat throughout the corner. Apart from the understeer, it was a pleasure to drive. So well balanced and not at any point did i feel out of control. Plans are definitely going to include the purchase of a rear ARB, this should stiffen up the rear and help induce a bit of oversteer. Shame i couldn't afford to get some grippy new tyres for today as i feel they really let me down.

Oh and apparently i drive a robin reliant?

Any photos of my wheel cocking?

I had just come in from 3 warm up laps to turn the camera on, so my brakes were already shot, hence not having 100% confidence in them, tyres were also at the limit.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZLokwpGxVw[/YOUTUBE]

Oh and on the way home putting my stereo back in i've blown a/several fuses as i've lost power to the climate control, interior lights, digital lcd and stereo.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Howdy mike :race:

Not much progress with the car, had no time off work to do anything + bit short of cash atm. Gonna try and make some custom subframes for the buckets, and continue with the stripping of the inside. Not gonna go mental as this will still be used as a daily, so i still need to retain some creature comforts. Coilovers being ordered soon with some braided lines and higher dot fluid. Wanted to do cadwell in april but don't think funds will allow, we shall see!

Finished the hazard surround too :p

IMG_1112.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Found out that the clio subframes are not the same height each side, so modifying the astra ones isn't going to work, looks like i'll be buying the actual clio ones (so expensive though :x)

My mate Max came round today and we cracked on with the suspension, only had time to do the fronts, but next weekend the rears will get put on and we will raise the front some more as its way to low atm.

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

My poor thumb, basically i have removed my knuckle, max laughed :(
IMG_0042.JPG

slammed
IMG_0045.JPG

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Thanks guys, went out late last night after work and played with the front coilovers, got it to a sensible height now, no rubbing under heavy load and seems very impressive. Feels much flatter than the cup suspension. Rears are going on tomorrow, so will report back after that. Going to let it all settle for a week and then get the car aligned etc. Noticed some slight knocking since fitting the front coilies, any ideas? Everything feels and looks right, double checked all the bolts and theres nothing loose.

Seat subframes were ordered last night so hopefully they will arrive before my day off on tuesday so i can fit the seats.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Went for a very quick ghetto fix on my saggy exhaust, still plenty of play in the mount too.

sag1.jpg

sag2.jpg

sag3.jpg

Found out what that rattle is at the back of my car too. Both bits have come loose either side, need to get some larger washers. The heat shield is basically leaning on the exhaust back boxes!
sag4.jpg