ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mint williams 3’s

Laguna 2, Westfield

Just wondered if anyone has got/ever seen/know of any mint williams 3??

Ive looked at 9 now lol from £4500-£7000, 39k miles - 62k miles. All of them have been either rusty as feck, dented, scratched badly, awful resprays. corroded wheels (not too worried about this as can get them done ) Most have been advertised as mint lol.

Just wondered if i will actually be able to find one ? p.s not looking at the one on autotrader for £14k. ;)

My H plate frst i have at the mo is 5 years older and soooo much better condition. no dents/scratches/no dodgy respray jobs.

lol, £14K!

There is one in town that is mint from what Ive seen. Only ever drive past it, so dont know if its REALLY mint!

The lad whos it is has just put some new speedlines on it and it does look gorgeous.

Dont think hes had it that long though, and I dont think hed sell it.

I think youve got to just be patient mate. I wasnt fussed whether mine was a 1,2 or 3 and still looked hard for what seemed like ages. Bearing in mind that I had no car at the time, I got really demoralised! There was even one Willy 3 in London that was advertised for £6k but went to sealed bids because there was so much interest! I thought Im having none of that, but the sad fact is that every man and his dog wants a mint, low mileage Williams. The demand for the first and last series is particularly fierce.

In the end I was just plain lucky to get a call out of the blue from a guy selling his Willy 1 no.123, frsh, 54k, 1 owner past 7 years - for £5k! The wheels were a bit tatty, but theyve been done now and the car is spot on and totally original.

Good luck - my advice would be to look wider than just the Willy3. At the end of the day there can only be 1000 of these cars at the absolute maximum (1,2 and 3 put together). A good third will be locked away in collections, the majority loved and driven by enthusiasts who dont intend to sell and the sh*tters will be perpetually for sale!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

heres mine!!! I consider mine as mint as i look after her!!!

That car isnt worth 14k IMO. Williams that havnt been driven are worth ALOT ie Franks little gem (just 21 km as verified by my good self upon drivin it). Once the car has a certain amount of miles its irrelivant if it has 14 k or 50 k, its still been heavily used and so the price will drop off alot. Sometimes the lower milage ones are worse than the higher milage ones because they deteriorate if not driven.

TBH you are best extending your seach to Willy 1, 2 and 3s. There were less 3s made than any other model, theyll be touch heavier than the earlier ones with the addition of extra equiptment and Ive seen more 3s written off/stolen than any of the others. My Willy 3 was nicked a few months back :cry:

14K seems a bit steep! I got a full minter which is one of the lowest milage ones about as its only got 22k on it now :D

I didnt pay much over £6k for mine so my only advice would be to just keep looking - it took me 6 months and 1 written off 172 b4 i found mine :oops: