ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK 1 Old School... Turbo

Punto/Clio GTT
HA, MY CARS ALREADY PRIMERED!

atm no, i aint going to CSS, i want to, but i aint gonna go up on train, car aint gonna be done, so looks like im missing it

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
sweet cheers mate

so the oil cooler on the side, does that help cool the rad or does the rad cool the oil?

secondly, do i need to fill the rad up with oil before i put it back on or does the engine pump it round when the engines running so i just top up the actual engine oil when the rads fitted?

Used for 2 things, mainly its used as a radiator to cool the oil. Secondary function is to help heat the system from cold to ideal operating temperature. IIRC
Some valvers and williams came with what can be only described as a "heat exchanger" ...but ive binned it and gone for the External oil cooler

No just reconnect the radiator, as per normal, the oil system is pressurized. Just keep an eye on your levels. Especially on a turbo motor, blowers dont like being without oil for long lol

Punto/Clio GTT
i dont think i got an oil pressure gauage on mine at all, i dunno if the oil on the dash clocks works, think it does, but that dont show pressure. is it hard to fit one?

172 cup
if wired up correctly the oil gauge will show oil level on start up and then drop and come back to show oil pressure when running. not hard to fit an after market gauge if needs be

don't get a copper core rad, waste of time, oe is fine for what you'll be using the car for (renault 5 cup cars ran a standard rad)

Punto/Clio GTT
Black Day

think ive painted everything black now that i want, need to do another door handle but its in the shed somewhere

imag0283v.jpg

imag0284l.jpg

imag0279r.jpg

imag0285b.jpg

imag0286q.jpg

imag0288pj.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
it aint 100% finished yet, i got a few things to fit together, spoilers on, done it yesterday. gotta fit all the rubber seals after ive cleaned them and refit door cards etc

PIC HEAVY*

in booth to spray door shuts

IMAG1018_zps1b375d85.jpg

IMAG1023_zps021bad11.jpg

masked for full paint

IMAG1031_zps905825a7.jpg

IMAG1033_zps071bb514.jpg

scan sealed

IMAG1035_zps770c0862.jpg

IMAG1036_zpsc88697c3.jpg

1st coat

IMAG1038_zps7f80e8cf.jpg

IMAG1039_zps3d4b019d.jpg

2nd coat

IMAG1040_zps34464625.jpg

IMAG1041_zps2a0aa71c.jpg

IMAG1042_zpsca6cb4ac.jpg

IMAG1043_zpsbd3b7b1b.jpg

3rd n final coat

IMAG1044_zps5f92e41c.jpg

IMAG1045_zps9e6a735b.jpg

IMAG1046_zps3660169e.jpg

IMAG1048_zpsdb3f51af.jpg

IMAG1049_zps1bc7963d.jpg

IMAG1051_zps31e356a2.jpg

IMAG1056_zps0d09cba9.jpg

more pics uploading, cooking food, so gimme 10 mins!

Punto/Clio GTT
wheels refurbed a subtle metallic black, looks gloss unless you look really close

sils stoneguarded

IMAG1058_zps1649b3ab.jpg

IMAG1061_zpsed3a0772.jpg

IMAG1065_zpscda9f1d1.jpg

IMAG1067_zps13a7d37e.jpg

IMAG1069_zpsce7fca03.jpg

IMAG1070_zps3ebebaf4.jpg

wheels base'd up

IMAG1073_zpsefa9f553.jpg

IMAG1076_zpsb51c32f0.jpg

IMAG1096_zpsa880e9b4.jpg

IMAG1097_zpse72dc04e.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You left the window rubbers in?? You pikey b*****d.

​Is this your new place of work or what?

Punto/Clio GTT
i tried to take them out and it was just spinning inside so i had to, only other way was to drill them out and risk breaking the glass n f**k doing that when i can mask them! rear window i had already painted the recess and put the window back in last year. front screen i put wire all around it to lift the rubber then taped it

​nah no css this year, car aint ready and i got plans

ya new work place, worked there years ago n got offered job a few months back now

Punto/Clio GTT
its sorn atm so ive not really had chance to take it out for a long drive to see how its running.

needs a new radiator as this ones got a hole in it. after that i think im gonna take it down to chip to see what its running on the wideband, then go from there. if its strong and running good, i may not mess with it until it breaks, then ill upgrade

Punto/Clio GTT
f**king soaked!

anyway, Williams brakes/callipers fitted, brakes bled

theyre about 2cm bigger, 1cm all around, so a worthy upgrade

IMAG1139_zpsccebd7ed.jpg

IMAG1140_zps062ffdc5.jpg

IMAG1141_zps40b30c07.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
took it for a quick blast up the road today as it hadnt really had a run for a while, was spinning up in 3rd gear, brand new tyres. think i need to turn the boost down a little.

to do list;

new radiator
new rear drums
fit interior (doorcards/roof lining/fix the everlasting leaking sunroof/bolt sub through boot floor and mount amp)
coolant flush
fit all door mouldings/roof strips/scuttle panel
spray bumper inserts black
MOT!!
​Take down to chip for AFR reading on wideband then tune from there

Punto/Clio GTT
when i come down mate, would you be able to drill and weld me my own lamba in if i buy one? does that plug straight into a wideband reader then?

got a link to somewhere i can buy one or do you think ill only ned it tuned once so not really any point, or is it good to have to just check the afr periodically. would i need my own wideband reader then though, how much are they.

​cheers bert!

Punto/Clio GTT
IMAG1151_zps57fc3f40.jpg

IMAG1154_zpsdab2a61b.jpg

window rubbers all in, door seals on, roof trims on, wings n bumper alligned n tightened up, s**t guards put back in, turned the boost down.

​f**king. knackered!

Punto/Clio GTT
half the clips broke on the doors/quarter, so they were bonded on n taped up in place til tomorrow.

​roof rail clips wouldnt hold down in some places so that was bonded too n held in place

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ffs. You picked the tiniest of faults in my car! At least I bought new clips etc and never glued the fcuking thing back together!

X2 Clio Valvers
read this from start to finish, what a great read! and what amazing progress, love that colour too, any further progress mate? restoring my valver and thinking whether to change colour or keep naples or not :/

Punto/Clio GTT
sorry for lack of update! aint been on here in forever. nah nothing done to it yet, moved in with the new gf so been sorting the new house out, cars sitting in my moms back garden needing a radiator and its got an electrical fault as when i turn it over and put it in gear, everything dies, lights go dim and i cant start it back up again. so gonna have to sort that out when the weather gets warmer again!

Punto/Clio GTT
finally got some passion back for it after starting my new job and having funds to get the parts i need to get it on the road.

ive been thinking of breaking it multiple times and just getting a valver or 172, but after reading this thread and the years of hard work ive put into the fucker im 100% gonna get it on the road asap. need rad, brake drum, electrical cutting out problem sorted which ive been told is bad wire on the starter and then get the b**ch mot'd. gonna hammer f**k out of it til i kill it, then break it up n buy something else i think :D

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
Just read this from start to finish good read and you have put in a ton of work and it deserves to be on the road after that

Punto/Clio GTT
had a look at it over the weekend, its just full of mould, spiderwebs and just looks s**t. started pulling it apart, everythings for sale except wheels which ive put on the scenic.

stuff includes r5gtt engine complete or can split it up depending on interest
williams/16v brakes £25
williams/16v spoiler £35 posted
straight through exhaust think its scorpion £50
black angel headlights £80
16v interior which is good nick apart from passenger seat which the stitching has came apart on the seat, nothing major, drivers seats mint as is back bench £?
60mm lowering springs, red, unsure of make £35
16v steering wheel with insert £25
and of course the rolling shell from a 1.4rt £?

prices? no idea on some, gotta look on ebay n see what the engines are going for, i know they aint easy to source now

also open to offers on whole car, only have 3 wheels for it and its a non runner atm due to needing a radiator and battery. ill get some petrol in it and a battery on it in the next couple weeks and get a video of it running