ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk 2 172 - 20 yrs old - Insurance @ £1619

Renaultsport Mégane R26

As on the subject line, is this is a good quote? This will be the case in November when I hit 20 and am hoping to upgrade the old 1.2 16V to the fully fledged 172! It was a quote I got today, simulating 3 years driving as well as 3 years NCB in addition to me being the main driver with a £650 excess...

Just wondering what you guys all think as I thought it wasnt too bad a quote... Its with First Alternative by the way :D

Thanks for all your help,

David

Mk4 MX-5, Smart 451

i think i was paying around £1200 when I was 21. so thats probably about right.

DC5

Yeah, mine was £1600 when I was 20 with elephant.co.uk. So that is about right. I had 4yrs NCB cos my previous insurance company cocked up (not that i am complaining)

VaVa

Ill never pay that much for insirance as long as Ive got a hole in my arse. lol.

Not bad for a young lad on a gr16 car though... and probably worth it!!

If you can wait till your 21, it should be a bit cheaper

SC 172 FF

lol thats nuthin guys....i pay 2600 on my old mans on a willy2!!!.....

sum people say im crazy, i say dont b silly! :devilish:

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 19 August 2005

3yrs ncb id ay u will get it cheaper than 1600 but u do get a decent price drop when your 21
I couldnt find cheaper than 1600 n e where when I was 20 and that was with 4 yrs NCB, not 3.

But too true about droppin when you are 21. It went down to 600. 750 with protected NCB.