ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 1.4RT ratios

Quote: Originally posted by JamesG on 18 March 2003

i wait till mine warmed up before taking it over 4k then once it is nice and warm (check by water guage having been in the middle for a while) ill usually take it to 5500rpm and occasionally redline and limiter. but if im doing a causal 35+ following traffic it then in 5th all the time with nice low petrol saving revs
Same.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Same here, have you noticed how much more petrol it gobbles when youve floored it though. I travel to derby and mansfield and back again everyday 5 days a week and a tank last me a week if I stick to 70 there and back all the time, as soon as I go to 90 or floor it from the lights it really starts to gobble and Ill have to fill up friday morning!!!

PS. my g/f also gobbles but unfortunately, not as much as the Clios petrol :)

Yeah it can eat the petrol. One thing I noticed aswell, its all fine and economical when its under 3k but as soon as you go over it just drops striaght off. It doesnt seem to get less the more you go over, it just seems to drop completely off. No gradual transition. Well it does with me anyway. But to tell you the truth I am either driving economically or driving up to 6k on the revs. But lately I have been trying to keep it restrained untill it gets warmed up. Problem is it doesnt seem to get warmed up that quickly anymore. Used to take about 10 mins (so the last dash to work could be done at full pelt) now I am at work before it gets warmed up. I dont think its any colder, the opposite in fact (atmosphere).

Paul

What do you mean? I got a water temp gauge if thats what you mean. Thats what I go on. I wait till its at the halfway mark and then rag it.

Paul