ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 Mongoose exhaust sound clips

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 13 January 2004

Will d/l later... ;)

I take it you like then?!
Yeah, now ive got used to the increased volume, i dont want to go back to a standard exhaust. Will try and get some in car sounds when I get hold of a better microphone.

Nice one Rhys, sounds fruity mate! :D Whats it like on the Motorway though - I had an unsilenced Devil on mine (decat, center-section and exhaust - basically just a tube all the way to the back!) and that sounded great round town, but was really boomy at Mway speeds... Now running a silenced Devil and it looks and sounds great! Fruity if you cane it, subtle if you arent in the mood.

Anyhow, got any pics???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yeah, I hate "boomy" exhausts that are really intrusive on the motorway...

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 14 January 2004

any pictures of your setup matt4478?

Sure mate, give me til the weekend though as I wont have a camera until then! (Its just a 3.5" single exit that I liked the look of BTW)

Matt

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

alright ryhs,my magnex exhaust i got yesterday looks exactly the same as the one i sold you(the silencers,brackets,clamps everything).this one only has a magnex sticker which im sure would peel off with age.it even has the same little numbered identification plates on the silencers.im 99% sure after seeing mine that yours is a magnex mate.

jay

Might be, the box does look similar to to Lee Ms pics. Ive got a pic of the Mongoose system, and that also looks identical to whats on mine. Are Mongoose and Magnex the same :eek::eek::eek:

Quote: Originally posted by matt4478 on 14 January 2004

Nice one Rhys, sounds fruity mate! :D Whats it like on the Motorway though - I had an unsilenced Devil on mine (decat, center-section and exhaust - basically just a tube all the way to the back!) and that sounded great round town, but was really boomy at Mway speeds... Now running a silenced Devil and it looks and sounds great! Fruity if you cane it, subtle if you arent in the mood.

Anyhow, got any pics???

Ive also got a Devil decat. The boominess only happens between 3k and 3.5k, and the more open the throttle, the boomier it is. Ive learnt to keep either above or below this rev range. At under 3k its as quiet as anything. Its only when the throttle is more than half open that it gets really loud. There are some pics on the Media, Pics etc. forum.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the boxes,position of mountings,pipe size and even the plates with the numbers on look the same.

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 14 January 2004

It doesnt sound too boomy to me. A bit more farty IMO
You try recording an exhaust using a pair of headphones sticking out of the boot in place of a microphone! And the booming noise happens much more inside the car than outside the car. Strange, but true!

Its just exhaust system (although god knows which make now), decat, modified inlet manifold and, only while its permenantly cold, a K&N induction kit.

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 14 January 2004Its just exhaust system (although god knows which make now), decat, modified inlet manifold and, only while its permenantly cold, a K&N induction kit.

Yeah the K&N sounds awsome, going to put mine back one while its so cold.

But how is your inlet manifold modded?

jay where did you get the magnex from price etc..got my 3.5 inch coming soon hopefully!!! would be nice to here yours

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

from roadrunner.fitted it today,not a bad fit i suppose.managed to line it up with the rear bumper ok.sounds alright as well.looks really good.