ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 2.0 16v Turbo

Renault Clio 16v
Gunked and jet washed the bay. Also fited RSi heatsheild and new rear enigne mount

P190508_1752.jpg

P190508_1917.jpg

P190508_191701.jpg

still waiting for crossfire nitrous jets :(

Renault Clio 16v
Got bored waiting for the nitrous jest so i have put the lump in with out the inlet manifold attached.
P210508_1722.jpg

P210508_1730.jpg

P210508_173001.jpg

Couple of pics shoiwing the mk2 box mount fits mk1 perfectly
P210508_1815.jpg

P210508_1849.jpg

P210508_1850.jpg

Also the part of the loom was uncovered, unsure why :? so i taped it back up
P210508_1853.jpg

And some pics of the lump in. :D:D:D:D:D
P210508_1857.jpg

P210508_185701.jpg

P210508_1906.jpg

P210508_1911.jpg

Here shows the bulkhead and turbo clearance. More than enough :D
P210508_190601.jpg

P210508_1907.jpg

Put my rear mount on today, had to chop it down a bit tho for clearance for the Boost pipes. Hopefully it wont weaken it to much :?
P220508_1729.jpg

P220508_1728.jpg

Engine is fooking solid now !!!!!
Then its on with boost pipework! It's starting to look the part now and i'm getting excited ! teeeheee
P220508_193902.jpg

P220508_1938.jpg

P220508_1939.jpg

P220508_1940.jpg

P220508_193901.jpg

ARrrrgh cant wait!!!!!!

Btw boost pipes are no lower that the subframe, so dont worry yourselfs!!

A

ashy_gtt

Looking very nice, you should make good power with this :)

Gearbox's are very hit and miss in my experience, sometimes you get one that lasts for ever and sometimes you kill them very quickly... If the clio ones are no good try a gtt one, I'm currently using a 172 one at the mo but i think 2nd gears on the way out :S.

I think the chaps are right about the injectors too, you'll find they are too small to make anywhere near the power your engine will be capable of producing!!

Have fun

Ashy.

R5GTT, 2L turbo
whats up with the clutch?

injetcor upgrades will ome when i get a new turbo.

2 Points

1) I don't think it'll ever be able to cope with the torque you will produce

2) Its 4 puck clutch that means it'll be very on/off in the engagement. Makes setting off a ball ache and it will kill your already weak 172 box and driveshafts.

I can't comment on the suitability of the OMP but I have a 4 paddle AP 215mm plate in my 172 turbo engine, I've maxed out 500cc injectors at 1.6bar of boost, it makes about 280lb or torque and 350hp, the clutch does not slip. I've used 4 paddle plates in different engines for years, they've never been on/off to drive aslong as you use a sprung center plate.

good luck with the conversion. Scoff.

R5GTT, 2L turbo
As said you will reach the limit of those small injectors pretty quickly, at a guess no more than 240hp, even that will be well past 80% duty. But ofcourse, I don't know anything about your turbo spec of your power goal. Scoff.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
You said you went out to work in hamburg, don't work for Airbus do ya? (long shot :) )

Renault Clio 16v
i have heard of that but it messes around with the clutch pedal position from reading other peoples experience

Renault Clio 16v
You said you went out to work in hamburg, don't work for Airbus do ya? (long shot :) )

No but i saw one of the new ones coming into land from where i was working ( Blohm & Voss Dockyard ) It was ferking huge and seemed to be flying really slow! :S but that i guess was due to its size and how far away it was! couldnt believe the size of it

White R26/Stripped Valver
Just a word of warning about the hids, some aftermarket headlights tend to melt (the front lense bit) after a while because the plastic used is much cheaper/thinner than standard lights. Im not sure if yours will do the same as there are different qualities but I have seen this happen before, just want to let you know as it can be a fire hazard.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

No but i saw one of the new ones coming into land from where i was working ( Blohm & Voss Dockyard ) It was ferking huge and seemed to be flying really slow! :S but that i guess was due to its size and how far away it was! couldnt believe the size of it

was a long shot, just that loads of us go out to Hamburg and Toulouse working on them. Yeah thats the A380, massive mate, you should see inside it - Unbelivable

Mk1 Facelift '97 1.2
big respect to you for doing this, something i always been wanting to do but just cant see myself gettin round to ever doing it now.

Hope it all works out good for ya.

Renault Clio 16v
Just a word of warning about the hids, some aftermarket headlights tend to melt (the front lense bit) after a while because the plastic used is much cheaper/thinner than standard lights. Im not sure if yours will do the same as there are different qualities but I have seen this happen before, just want to let you know as it can be a fire hazard.

hmm, something i'll have to keep my eye on. cheers for the heads up :)

Thanks for all comments peoples :approve:

ValverInBits
been meaning to ask you mate. Where did you get your Intercooler, It looks custom made to fit. is it the Ktec one?

Renault Clio 16v
update

Fitted oil cooler and oil catch tank. not fully plumbed in cos need to shorten one of the oil pipes for the cooler as its too long fir my liking and would make it messy imo. the oil catch tank cant be really plumbed in till i get the inlet mani back on, still waiting NOS jets tho :(

P070608_125902.jpg

P070608_125901.jpg

P070608_1259.jpg

P070608_1258.jpg

P070608_1437.jpg

Renault Clio 16v
Nitrous injectors turned up WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:D:D:D:D:D

pics

Holes Drilled
picture3.jpg

Injectors tapped in to inlet
picture4.jpg

After a bloody long good clean I fitted the inlet on with the pipes

picture1.jpg

picture2-1.jpg

picture.jpg

ValverInBits
Bloody hell. You don't fcuk about!
AWESOME. Like the manifold too. Very neat. this car is going to be savage.