ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 2.0 16v Turbo

clio 1.4
i proper got cba reading through all the questions so u might of had this one lol u had it rolling roaded? whts it running

Renault Clio 16v
its currently running 674.97bhp ATF....

no offence mate but please dont post if you cant be bothered to read.:rolleyes:

'91 Clio RT =D
that is pretty sweet, how did you get the turbo charger attached to then engine? Did you have to get it re-built professionally or something, Its something I always wondered about with clio turbo's. Sorry if you already said this, I must of missed it. Love the angel eyes and the general look of the car, what do you think the top speed and acceleration will be mate?

Cheers Craig

Renault Clio 16v
that is pretty sweet, how did you get the turbo charger attached to then engine? Did you have to get it re-built professionally or something, Its something I always wondered about with clio turbo's. Sorry if you already said this, I must of missed it. Love the angel eyes and the general look of the car, what do you think the top speed and acceleration will be mate?

Cheers Craig

turbo mounted via a manifold, the usual way ;)

enigne was built to specifaction by BB performance tuning

top speed and accelleration, with a bit of luck, will be rather good :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
just read the whole thing.

what a monster lol

Vids up ASAP when its running!!

Only think im not too keen on is the red hump in the black bonnet - but hey its whats underneith it that counts ;)

Good work dude!

Renault Clio 16v
the red hump was because of a defect in the carbon fibre. it has grown on me tbh but took a while :D looks better than distorted weave and a resin blemish imo

Bus w**ker
the red hump was because of a defect in the carbon fibre. it has grown on me tbh but took a while :D looks better than distorted weave and a resin blemish imo

I just said out loud how much I liked the bonnet :eek:.

What sort of timescale are you working on to have it completed by? Guessing FCS is out the window?

Renault Clio 16v

I just said out loud how much I liked the bonnet :eek:.

What sort of timescale are you working on to have it completed by? Guessing FCS is out the window?

don't really have a timescale to be honest. its been off the road for a year now. it'll probably be done in a few months i'd like to think so FCS is definitely out the window :(

A

ashy_gtt

What clutch have you gone for?

Sorry if its been mentioned but I didnt read all the text (prefer to look at pics)

Reason I ask is my multiplates struggling with the torque from the 2.0l turbo!

Golf V6 4Motion
Hi mate - sorry missed this thread but really well done. Nice to see pics of my gaskets being used - fitment looks spot on - excellent!!

Hope they are ok for you and 10/10 for the car - really good work mate, keep it up and the best of luck.

Renault Clio 16v
Update Yo!
nitrous/fuelling solonoids installed
IMAGE_414.jpg

IMAGE_413.jpg

Cleaned out the carpet and took the padding out from underneath. Might do tar in the future.
IMAGE_408.jpg

IMAGE_410.jpg

bolted oe subframes in to make custom bucket seat frames up on. No pics of seats fitted or custom metal work, but basically is made of 50mmx25mm box
IMAGE_411.jpg

Engine issues at the mo though, she wont fire up :( managed to get oil pressure up but no spark

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Top work fella! First time i've posted on the thread but i've been watching intently since the start.
Keep up the good work!

ValverInBits
So are you running a boost pressure map sensor? I don't see it mentioned in the spec list.

the Gas kit look gucci mate, good call. ;)

Have you checked the flywheel sensor?

wait and see ;)
just read all 6 pages of this thread,,, absolutely awesome car cant wait to see it finished,,, really good effort

Renault Clio 16v
So are you running a boost pressure map sensor? I don't see it mentioned in the spec list.

the Gas kit look gucci mate, good call. ;)

Have you checked the flywheel sensor?

2 bar map sensor. turned out to be ecu :( Runs now tho i borrowed an ecu to test(cheers Summeh)

Just read the whole topic, looks like you defo know what your doing. Which is always good haha.

I've got the same engine sat in my mates garage, im thinking of turbo'ing it too...

williams 2 turbo
if its any use i may well be selling the ecu, from my 2.0 bb tuning turbo conversion if thats an use, im going for an omex set up. post me if its any use.