ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

clio mk1, 1.4s, 1993
awesome conversion :D really good to read.

and you gave me the tip have to lower my car at the back, i know it had tosionbars, but I don't know how to get them out, tanks for that :D

Clio Sport 2000 PH2
Re: Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project
I got hold of a 172 Cup Master cylinder a while back to fit to the car, as I was still running the '1.2' item from a scrap yard that had a bit too much pedal travel for my liking. After trying to fit it and realising the thread sizes were different for the lines...

IMG_0792-1.jpg

The first job was to create two replacement brake lines with M12 fittings on the end, as the valver ones are M10. I didnt want to just re-flare the valver lines as they are steel, and in case I need to go back to them for any reason I still have them.

M10 vs M12..

IMG_1004.jpg

One O/S Front Line...

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

The O/S rear line that I made only goes under the car to the passenger footwell, as they have a brake line joiner there as standard. Although, the engine side of the brake line is the female part, so I just decided to use a joiner and put a male union on my brake line...

IMG_1036.jpg

Good work f0xy! I know it's been a while since you did this modification but perhaps you can answer my questions anyway :smile:

First, what pipe diameter did you use with the M12 fittings? I assume it should be a larger diameter than that for the M10 pipes?

Second, I thought that the two lines coming from the M12 fittings would lead to the front brakes (more braking power thanks to the larger pipe diameter I assume), as in the attached picture, but you lead one of them to a front brake and the other to one of the rear brakes, right? Why is that?

Cheers :smile:

168whva.png