ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 f4r'd vs ph2 172 cup vs ph1 172....

clio valver hybrid
Its just trash talk none of us are going to go mental just to beat the other (well im not) id rather come last than crash.

The cup has the 888's
My mk1 has ferodo ds2500 pads and brembo discs on mine but havent used them before so dont know how much better than perform over standard plus the 172 discs are bigger, i think ot will be very close if they can keep up me ;-)

I CANT SPELL!
mk1 fully stripped,f4r,jb3 gearbox, bmc induction,racing cat, scorpion exhaust,avo coilovers,polybushed front running eagle f1's

ph1 backseats removed,near on 200bhp on paper (although beaten by the cup already) ktech coilovers polybushed solid top mounts driven by old man

ph2 backseats removed, exhaust, v6 airfilter and coilovers, 888's driven by even older man

think thats the stats lol

the only reason the cup beat me in my ph1 is the gear box! matty was holding round 4k i was round 2.5k both doing round 40mph in 2nd so he was at his peek i werent as i heard him changing in to 3rd i was just hitting 5k my peek, as the map on my car it has nothing be for 4.5-5k

clio valver hybrid
cup killer

th_8DD8C6FA-BC9C-4C8B-866A-1CF0B3E5E2BD-606-0000003FF0748710_zpse2aeaa23.jpg

clio valver hybrid
I can sort that for you. Should be fun

Thanks for the offer Dan but Matty and darren are good friends with Gordon at streetracers we always take our cars there we always get realistic figures with his rollers. (Not saying yours wont) but tou can be sure there will be videos and printouts of the end results :)

172 cup
Why i have a faster,lighter,rarer car than yours? Id feel pretty damn jealous if i was you ;-)

Gav, questioning yourself already lmao.....

I'll answer for you...

1. Faster - no!

2. Lighter - stating the obvious as yours is stripped!

3. Rarer - ask yourself why ;)

So what exactly am I to be jealous of?

clio valver hybrid
Gav, questioning yourself already lmao.....

I'll answer for you...

1. Faster - no!

2. Lighter - stating the obvious as yours is stripped!

3. Rarer - ask yourself why ;)

So what exactly am I to be jealous of?

Faster i think you will be supprised

Lighter fron factory even lighter now ;-)

Rarer classic

clio valver hybrid
ones you have done all the welding it needs and all the filler work it'l way more then mine you chav :clap:

Needs no welding
Needs no filling its a track car not show car ;-)

With that mcdonalds/halfords exhaust you have mine will never be anywhere as heavy as yours ;-)

172 cup
Faster i think you will be supprised

Lighter fron factory even lighter now ;-)

Rarer classic

Looks as slow as in vid clip...

Lighter from factory, again obvious, cars year on year become heavier to safety, etc.... it's not all about how light the car is, handling is more important..

Classic - lamo..... ;)

clio valver hybrid
Looks as slow as in vid clip...

Lighter from factory, again obvious, cars year on year become heavier to safety, etc.... it's not all about how light the car is, handling is more important..

Classic - lamo..... ;)

Had to respect my neighbours im not a hooligan just gave it a quick blip in 2nd for the noise plus still running bald tyres lol so just spins up in 2nd if i boot it.

I think it being alot lighter will make all the difference,better acceleration
Better braking into corners due to being lighter and better out of the corners if driven correctly of course, i have decent suspension fairly good brakes oh and a better car :)

172 cup
Had to respect my neighbours im not a hooligan just gave it a quick blip in 2nd for the noise plus still running bald tyres lol so just spins up in 2nd if i boot it.

I think it being alot lighter will make all the difference,better acceleration
Better braking into corners due to being lighter and better out of the corners if driven correctly of course, i have decent suspension fairly good brakes oh and a better car :)

'quick blip in 2nd for the noise' sounds like my misses hair dryer lol.....

Mine loses traction in second even with brand new 888's - that's power ;)

A mini is alot lighter than a lambo.... does that mean the mini would win round a track...

clio valver hybrid
We are talking about 2 cars that have the same engine amd prob very simular power figures

A lambo is a supercar far superior than a mini or any run of the mill hatchback

Two renaults from different era's arent going to be anywhere near as different as a mini and lambo.

I think its going to be all down to the driver you have better tyres and i have a fairly big weight advantage in terms of cars i still stand by my car will enter And pull out of corners quicker but we will see :)

172 cup
We are talking about 2 cars that have the same engine amd prob very simular power figures

A lambo is a supercar far superior than a mini or any run of the mill hatchback

Two renaults from different era's arent going to be anywhere near as different as a mini and lambo.

I think its going to be all down to the driver you have better tyres and i have a fairly big weight advantage in terms of cars i still stand by my car will enter And pull out of corners quicker but we will see :)

Don't agree.... If the said mini and lambo had the same engine and weight..... My money would be on the lambo, better handling due to chassis etc.... my point... mk1 vs cup chassis, even if the lambo was slightly heavier.... i know where my money would be...

You stand by yours, i'll stand by mine, see you at the finish line, i'll make the tea as i'll have time to boil the kettle... bring the biscuits ;)

clio valver hybrid
I beat you in a much older cossie with 30bhp less than your scooby i think the clio will do the same thing :)