ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Valver 172 Conversion

renault clio 172
Hi Guys.

I am new to the forum after buying myself a Mk1 clio 1.8 16v which has had the 172 conversion done.
I intend on doing trackdays with it and the first one being booked for 16th feb at oulton.

Since purchasing, i have had the cambelt and tensioners done along with the dephaser...(not cheap) and all seems well until i was driving it the other night and the aux belt came off which runs the alternator and water pump. This made the car overheat and battery die all at the same time. (the joys..lol)

This happened apparently because the power steering pump has been removed so the engine would fit therefore leaving the aux belt without enough tension or enough tensioners.

Does anybody have any experience of this and if so what was there solution to it???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Darren