ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 clio 1.4 2.0 conversion how hard?

clio mk2 phase 1 16v
Hi all I have a 1.4 phase 1 mk2, qnd ive been offred a minter williams lump (megane 2.0 16v) with box and ecu, basically everything from the car to go in for £100 mates rates. What will I need to get it to fit? Guessing williams driveshafts and subframe thatsbthe easy bit im more worried about splicing looms? Obviosuly im going to declare it im not an idiot and I already have 172 brake setup and coilovers on order

Massive pain in the ass. Put the money from coilovers brakes and engine towards buying a more powerful car.

^ +1 to this.

I've the same car, got coilovers, and a few other little mods and thats that. The cost of an engine change, associated headaches and the insurance declaration would more than likely be more than the cost of actually getting a 2.0 F4R 1*2 and insuring that.
I think I saw someone on here let a 172 (needing a /bit/ of tlc) go for sub a grand. Better keeping the 1.4 standard and building up some ncb in it, then insure something outlandish. Plus, if you ever come to want to shift the 1.4/2.0 conversion on, it'll be harder as there will definitely be less of a market for a conversion.

clio mk2 phase 1 16v
I already have the no claims and outlandish cars this is a temporary daily while I replace a gearbox on my only other roadgoing motor, not fussed about pain in the ass done this sort of thing before and pretty good at fabrication and a good mate is a badass auto electrician, just wanted to know whats involved?