ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio Lowering spring suggestions?? 40mm? 60mm?

Mk2 Clio Extreme 4
Hi guys, about to lower my Mk2 Clio Extreme, just looking for suggestions on what lowering springs I should buy eg. 40mm or 60mm, which brand to choose, what looks best, what rides best and if there are any major drawbacks to using 60mm over 40mm etc. as you can see from the photo the wheel gap is ginormous.....

Thanks
IMG-1954.JPG

Mk2 Clio Extreme 4
oh and also, will i need to do anything else besides buying springs to successfully lower my car eg. buy new shocks?

You may need shorter shocks if going with 60mm as it'll be riding near the bump stops on standard shocks, therefore 40mm IMO would be best.

Mk2 Clio Extreme 4
You may need shorter shocks if going with 60mm as it'll be riding near the bump stops on standard shocks, therefore 40mm IMO would be best.
thanks, will probably buy 40mm based on this as i cant afford new shocks atm, plus my town is riddled with speedbumps :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What you don’t want is the springs to ruin the ride. But if your going for lows can you get apex?