ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 Clio V6 or Mk3 Clio 200

I would like..

• Total voters
  BMW M Lite
I can get 10 full carrier bags of shopping in mine (no joke) AND thats not even using the worlds biggest parcel shelf (engine cover)

3 in bonnet tray
1 in passenger footwell
1 on passenger's knees
5 behind the seats along the shelf

Ive got it down a to very fine art now

;)

I put all 10 in my boot. What a crazy concept that is! :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
So it seems, in 9/10 ways the 200 is better than the V6. But the 1/10 makes the difference between a great car and a memorable car!

GTD, Lupo
I would have the 200 over the v6 for day to day driving but for the WOW factor i would have the V6 anyday.

Paul

Agree in a way Gorms. The vee I would worry about leaving places, where as the 197 I have more of the attitude, thats what insurance is for...

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
I gotta say looch you beat me for shopping bag capacity, i have only ever managed 9! One thing i learnt the hard way was to never put ice cream in the bonnet tray, especially when there are 20 miles of quality b-roads between you and home.

Clio 182
I think nobody can help you with this question!

When i speak for myself:
I like the V6 very much, but not for everyday use and shopping?
When i buy a V6, it will be a 2th car for the summer only.

For every day use and track days, i like the 172, 182 and 200 more.
Take them both or only the 200!
:race:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
VEE for me...

it'll hold its value and running costs should still be less than the depreciation of the 200...:)

I rarely go shopping, and even if I did, would still be the Vee everyday! Different leagues really, 200 is a nice car but the v6 is something special...the kind of car you stop and stare at!

trl

Clio V6 and RS200ff
IMG_1433.jpg
This thread was clearly written for me...I had the same issue. So I bought them both. Simple fact is that the V6 is special in a way that no other Clio can match...but the 200 is by far the better day to day car. When I am going to the shops or no that I will be sitting in traffic I take the 200. The Vee is hard work in car parks due to lack of lock, and in traffic the clutch is heavy and the seats are crap. But then, on a nice bit of road, on a clear day, the Vee is just so special....the noise, the feeling of that engine sitting behind you, the smells of hot oil, the looks from others, the sublime soft suspension that somehow has no body roll. Today I went out in both back to back and the Vee is by far the quicker car. Only on a track would the 200 get away from it thanks to its safer handling that wont kill you....
IMG_1424.jpg

clio v6
V6!

200??? What's that?? Who cares? Wait a few years for the 222 (after of course the 210, 215 etc), then ask me again, my answer will still be the same though! 255 any day, any year.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Admiral multi-car gives you max ncb across both cars (if you push them ;))
V6 £550 and 200 is £375.....but then I am old and live in a nice road:rasp:

You sir, are an arsehole. ;)
I'd have the same thinking as him I think.... If I had 1, I'd go 200. Simply because I couldn't face parking a v6 in Tesco car park and having some to55pot slam his door into it.

If I had another car to use for that stuff, then a v6 no question. For the fact that you could drive it around the streets of Monaco on a grand prix weekend and still have people stop and look. It has the wow factor.

trl, that is truely epic that you can decide day to day whether to take out one of those 2 clios. Clio heaven right there.

For me i'd take the v6 just for the pure shock factor, and if you were driving you'd be so much less likely to see another v6 than another 200. As a matter of fact i think it's quite insulting to compare a v6 to a 200 when a v6 is sooooo much cooler in pretty much every way.