ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk5 gti edition 30

Black Clio GT
^^lol.
awesome car for the money, 12months ago you would be looking at 20k plus for an ed30 with a good spec and that milage.
if i get my pay rise in jan i would consider getting another, dsg gives nice popping noices when you change gear maybe try one of them??
£1000 gets you a non res miltek, filter and a remap, 300bhp and an awesome soundtrack to match its bhp figures......

Renaultsport Clio 197
We need to meet before you sell it! (although my pcv is broken at the min :( )

can this cause boost leak or a similar 'feel' like car has lost power ?
mine says it was changed in september 2009 but I'm quite sure it's broken.
Oh btw I don't have a gti but an audi a4 with the same engine ;)
pcv seem to be a big problem (and cam follower and diverter valve lol)

just wanna make sure whether it needs replacing before I remap the car

Black Clio GT
PCV is the shitty plastic recirc dump valve thingy i think, the boshe ones split and cause boost leakage, a forge one should see you right.....

M2 Competition
Yeah, when it goes the car idles like a bag of nails and power is down. Fine to drive like it for a limited time but needs changing soon.

Have considered milltek, remap and filter, but will probably swap the car for something with more of a fun factor, and that i dont need to clean every two days.

Golf GTI Ed30
As has already been said, this car in standard form ceratinly isn't for you mate. BUT, if you have 2k to chuck at it for a TBE, CAI, Fuel pump and remap it's a totally different animal. Sound awesome, drive in comfort still and run 12 sec 1/4's all day long..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Rubbish. Shockin interior, Dull noise, ok handling, i wasn't impressed esp for the money. BBS wheels were the only bit i liked, but even they were an inch too small.

Golf GTI Ed30
Shocking Interior??? There is better, but i'd hardly call it shocking..

21042008445.jpg

Especially coming from someone who's use to a french car interior.. lol

Vw caddy tdi
Just in the process of selling my ph1 to get a caddy tdi next but a mk5 r32 or ed30 are both on my future wish list mainly because of the reasons mentioned above.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There more of an adult hatch than a sport hatch tbh.Very refined and well made.

That makes it a bit dull for some though,which i dont think was ever vw's intention,it was aimed at mr mid 30's who still liked a blast now and again...

Evo 8 Jap Crap
PCV is the s**tty plastic recirc dump valve thingy i think, the boshe ones split and cause boost leakage, a forge one should see you right.....

Wrong

PCV valve goes on the rocker cover and under positive pressure it opens to let the head breath under boost. Under negative pressure it remains closed.

On performance tuned cars most people get rid of the pcv vale and fit catch cans/breather tanks.

PCV valve should be a piece of piss to change. Its probably just blocked with cruddy oil. Take it off and blow the valve through using carb cleaner ;)

""MK5 GTI ED30""
me and sofaboy went for a test drive of an edition 30 today at a local vw dealers, it was black with all the extras and had 17500 miles and was £15500, was really looking forward to this because i have heard alot about them.

set off on the test drive and notcied how horribal the clutch was, finally got it on a dual carrageway and gave it some welly. i was expecting a roar from the exhaust and to be thrown into my seat and i just wasnt, it was very comfy and very quiet, it hit 100 alot faster than my 200 but didnt feel like it was quicker, really wasnt impressed by this at all.

i know with a re map etc it would be a totally differnt car but as a standard car it just didnt have any wow factor like the 200 did, it didnt push me into my seat and there was literally no noise from the engine even when i took it all the way through the rev range.

safe to say i was not impressed with it at all, felt like i was driving a normal golf.

lynden[/QU

I would say you'd have to take lesson to test a machine like that!! Stick to the clio