ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobius Action Camera - Cheap GoPro alternative/dashcam

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
This finally turned up today. Had a play about with it tonight and went out a drive. Ended up leaving the lens cover on and only noticed when I came back in lol! Take 2 was more successful. Driving on unlit roads is pretty much just complete darkness on the camera though. Does turning the wide dynamic range setting on make much of a difference to this? @McGherkin have you had much of a play about with these different settings?

Also, what have you done for a power cable? Just ran a long micro usb lead and plugged it into the cigarette lighter?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
My video has always been fine at night with WDR on. It's not a night vision camera but it does perfectly well IMO.
[video]

(excuse the out of sync audio)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I definitely need to turn that on then. If that was my video you'd have struggled to see the traffic lights! Is that the narrow video setting? I was using the wide 1080p setting, but didn't realise just how wide it would be.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think that is 1080p wide, but bear in mind the camera is right next to my head in that shot, so to pick up the roof and dials is pretty good at such close range.

172 Cup
Looking at getting one of these as a Christmas present from my other half.

I want to use it on my snowboarding holiday in Jan, can anyone recommend the best setup for attaching it to my helmet? Will the Velcro that comes with it be enough? I see the Bike Pack option that comes with a helmet mount but doesnt include the cables for TV playback which I would like.

Bike pack - https://www.joovuu.com/gb/action-cameras/77-mobius-standard-lens-bicycle-pack.html
FPV pack - https://www.joovuu.com/gb/action-cameras/80-mobius-standard-lens-first-person-view-fpv-pack.html

Any recommendations?

mk1 Octavia VRS
The SJ4000 or its cube replacement is also worth a look as a track day camera (I have an SJ4000).

Just bought a Mobius to use in my daily as a dash cam. :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The SJ4000 or its cube replacement is also worth a look as a track day camera (I have an SJ4000).

Just bought a Mobius to use in my daily as a dash cam. :smile:

Cheers, just beeing looking at that and the Redleaf RD990. Can't make my mind up haha!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Finally started sorting my videos from Oulton last month, seem to have picked up a few random clicks when editing but never mind...

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I'm assuming it was the bass reducing filter I put on when I made the picture in picture vids.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I'm assuming it was the bass reducing filter I put on when I made the picture in picture vids.
Or not, as the clicking isn't on those videos.

Anyway, another done. Think there's a few people from here in it!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Last couple of vids done...

Lots of MX5s seem to crop up in this one, and a few Clios (including a loud Mk1)!

This one has me blue flagging my mate who then storms off lol, then an Evo going into the wall. :eek:penmouth:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm starting to wonder if I have mine on the wrong setting as it seems a little too zoomed in.

What HD setting is it for the wide angle view ? This is how I have mine now

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Are you using the config software? There's a 1080p wide and narrow setting.

1080p wide;
wmplayer%202014-12-30%2013-22-25-17.png

172 cup
I got one from amazon, works really good, used it at Blyton on 28th dec, would highly recommend. Just putting some footage on YouTube, look for, 28 12 2014 blyton clio cup,

172 cup
I think mine is the wide angle lens, a 8 min footage will be on YouTube in 3 hrs, I have a 2:30 mins footage already on, just look for 28 12 2014 blyton, wayne

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
seem slightly tempted to buy one. always fancied one but then people see how bad my driving is.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I'm starting to wonder if I have mine on the wrong setting as it seems a little too zoomed in.

What HD setting is it for the wide angle view ? This is how I have mine now

Your mum sounds impressed lol!

Clio Trophy
hello

i got my mobius today, all working fine, except, i am trying to connect it to my pc, but it does not recognise the device? i have downloaded msetup, and it can see the camera to check the firmware, but i can not change any settings or anything, using win 7

Clio Trophy
yeah i got the one you linked. works if i put it in a card reader, the picture was upside down when i got home, and was hoping i can flip it ?

Clio Trophy
there is no camera to click on :( , in windows devices it is listed as a unknown device, tried the reset, think its my pc being funky

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
How of you guys got yours stuck in the car I'v used velcro but it keeps falling off?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I've stuck one in a Syma X5C as an upgrade over the standard cam, works pretty well I think. Although the vid is a little dull!