ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moffxx Iceberg 172 Cup - Progress Thread

Focus ST
Ok so while waiting on an ECU / UCH kit from @Mbeau (thanks again) I asked @David Stuart to put it up on the ramps and have a look to see if anything needed done.

It’s mostly good apart from some worse for wear brake pipes before the rear axle -

898174D8-A351-4A3A-8D20-EBC2E3ECE9A1.jpeg

Decided just to go ahead and sort this too while it’s up in the air so David has removed all 4 brake pipes and made up 4 new ones. Two running the length of the car and two joining the rear compensator to the rear axel. Then bled the system.

Should have it up and running for the weekend and we’ll be back on track :)

Focus ST
It’s alive!!

Ok so after a bit of a mixup with the first ECU/UCH kit, we managed to source another and got it fitted today. Problem is SOLVED! Car fires up and runs great, and it might just be me imagining it, but I feel like it runs better too.

So the discovery was that the kit that was in the car wasn’t even from a 172 Cup, it was a 182 ECU/UCH and it turns out that the clocks are from a 182 also.

So now I have the proper 172 Cup setup in it, i’m getting a TC light on the dash because of the wrong clocks...So I’m on the hunt for a set of cup clocks with roughly 109k miles, not a big ask.

Just glad to get it back up and running. Will get the dash etc buttoned back up tomorrow and fit my head unit. Also needs a good scrub after being sat for a couple weeks.

Onwards and upwards from here I think.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mate! You should be able to get the odometer adjusted. There are loads of companies that do it. Changing the mileage is not illegal, misrepresenting the mileage is. As such many legit, businesses do it.

It’s alive!!

Ok so after a bit of a mixup with the first ECU/UCH kit, we managed to source another and got it fitted today. Problem is SOLVED! Car fires up and runs great, and it might just be me imagining it, but I feel like it runs better too.

So the discovery was that the kit that was in the car wasn’t even from a 172 Cup, it was a 182 ECU/UCH and it turns out that the clocks are from a 182 also.

So now I have the proper 172 Cup setup in it, i’m getting a TC light on the dash because of the wrong clocks...So I’m on the hunt for a set of cup clocks with roughly 109k miles, not a big ask.

Just glad to get it back up and running. Will get the dash etc buttoned back up tomorrow and fit my head unit. Also needs a good scrub after being sat for a couple weeks.

Onwards and upwards from here I think.

Glad you are making progress and David is working his magic. Will be well worth it when complete.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah good to see it sorted mate and glad I could help. It’s definitely been apart before and was a full 182 ECU/UCH/clock setup.

I’m sure once you get a clock setup sorted that’s it done properly. Until then you can at least enjoy driving it.

Thanks
David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Focus ST
Quick update, put everything back together at the weekend there, dash etc all back on. Need a replacement gear gator / gaiter 🤔as the clips have snapped.

Fitted a new head unit, a pioneer SPHDA20, it gets good reviews but I’m a bit disappointed with the app, feels like it’s been built as a project by kids at school. Car doesn’t get driven much though so it’ll do. Front passenger speaker isn’t working either so think I’ll just replace the speakers with something, won’t be anything fancy. Will fit tweeters as well as someone has previously cut into the mesh on the dash.
F4A20181-C41C-4C1D-A115-9B59EB19EFCF.jpeg

Also I was looking at getting custom door bullets and interior trim (dash pieces and steering wheel insert) and got a quote of £170 to paint them. Seems excessive ? Or am I underestimating the work ? In any case, will give it a go myself when I have a spare minute.

Main thing for now is a quick service, oil and filter, pollen filter and spark plugs will be getting done in the next couple weeks. I haven’t actually looked at the plugs and they may not need it, but will do anyway for peace of mind.

Have only driven it 20 miles since the new ECU/UCH but so far it’s been spot on with no drama at all, touch wood. Hopefully that’s it from now on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Quick update, put everything back together at the weekend there, dash etc all back on. Need a replacement gear gator / gaiter 🤔as the clips have snapped.

Fitted a new head unit, a pioneer SPHDA20, it gets good reviews but I’m a bit disappointed with the app, feels like it’s been built as a project by kids at school. Car doesn’t get driven much though so it’ll do. Front passenger speaker isn’t working either so think I’ll just replace the speakers with something, won’t be anything fancy. Will fit tweeters as well as someone has previously cut into the mesh on the dash.
View attachment 1506447

Also I was looking at getting custom door bullets and interior trim (dash pieces and steering wheel insert) and got a quote of £170 to paint them. Seems excessive ? Or am I underestimating the work ? In any case, will give it a go myself when I have a spare minute.

Main thing for now is a quick service, oil and filter, pollen filter and spark plugs will be getting done in the next couple weeks. I haven’t actually looked at the plugs and they may not need it, but will do anyway for peace of mind.

Have only driven it 20 miles since the new ECU/UCH but so far it’s been spot on with no drama at all, touch wood. Hopefully that’s it from now on.
You can put self tappers into the gaiter to replace the clips. Works as good as new.