ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Track Car

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
So this should give some ideas for a couple of the upgrades the Clio currently has in store for it this year

1614877171523.png

Once the Megane has it's jobs done and the temperature gets above 1°C then I'll pull my finger out. The list of jobs gets longer and longer. The clio still resides under a car cover at the minute, the battery is flat, it's mouldy and I have several thousand other jobs as well as trying to balance work too. That and I need to stop sitting and playing cod all day like a f**king weapons grade virgin!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So this should give some ideas for a couple of the upgrades the Clio currently has in store for it this year

View attachment 1524985

Once the Megane has it's jobs done and the temperature gets above 1°C then I'll pull my finger out. The list of jobs gets longer and longer. The clio still resides under a car cover at the minute, the battery is flat, it's mouldy and I have several thousand other jobs as well as trying to balance work too. That and I need to stop sitting and playing cod all day like a f**king weapons grade virgin!
When did you buy a petrol blue mate?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1524985

Your going to put it in your kitchen? Cool, on board for that.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

View attachment 1524985

Didn't know Renault did them in cosmic purple? 🥵

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Pulled the Clio out today, battery completely flat as a witches titty

20210331_162547.jpg

Tried to pull the bonnet with a rake because I couldn't fit in... popped the bonnet pull off🥲

20210331_162356.jpg

So had to get my mrs to squeeze into the car (I couldn't even get my thigh in the door, perks of her losing weight)

Got it on charge whilst I stripped the spark plugs out, got to use my new terminal cleaner

20210331_164724.jpg

Can you tell which one got fired out of the head?🥲🙃

20210331_170118.jpg

Few videos just to get your mind ticking over

Gonna helicoil the head for now and pick up a 197/200 engine to build up another decent NA screamer *cough* @NorthloopCup *cough*👀

Bought some harnesses too

20210331_133206.jpg

Last edited:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Had a day on the Clio today

Started by tackling the spark plug threads

This is the kit I got for £40

20210417_124438.jpg

First step is to use the M12-M14 step tap (If you have any original threads left) to centre the M14 tap which comes second

I slapped a load of grease on the threads and it caught a considerable amount of filings and chunks of the head

CollageMaker_20210417_214150457.jpg

Same story with the seat cutter, a lot bits suspended in the grease

CollageMaker_20210417_214331419.jpg

I then hoovered it out extensively and washed it with brake clean

20210417_112635.jpg
20210417_112645.jpg

Stuck the insert in there after chasing the threads a few times and it snugged tight. Put the old spark plug in to check for fitment and its spot on so threw the last new spark plug in there and made sure to nip them all nice and tight

20210417_104136.jpg

Car seemed to start better and it didn't sound as 'misfirey', maybe just placebo. One thing I can guarantee was that my arsehole was well and truly f**king puckered to f**k when starting for the first time!! I'm never confident using inserts like this but just gonna send it and see how long it lasts

Changed the aux belt too as it was starting to fray, I pulled on the frayed part and it was deffo fucked as it kept on going😂

20210417_145810.jpg
20210417_160926.jpg

So easy to change the belt on my car though, although when doing so I noticed the alternator bracket is cracked!!🙄 Stubby spanners help getting into the manual tensioner bar

20210417_150749.jpg
20210417_150014.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst I was in that area I removed the weight from the drivers side

20210417_143626.jpg
20210417_160755.jpg

When doing the belt I noticed the alternator cover was flapping about as the plastic had just come loose. Theyre not held on by anything but a couple of tiny tabs on those M5 studs. 2 seconds and 2 M5 nuts later it was sured up and no longer loose

20210417_151715.jpg

Gave the inside a quick clean in prep to move it and get it MOT ready, even treated it to a non sticky climate panel

20210417_162212.jpg
20210417_140810.jpg
20210417_140402.jpg

Might whack the PMS shifter on one night this week if it passes an MOT

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Well hoorah

1619091113000.png

Passed but he made me aware that my OS driveshaft clip was hanging on by a thread so needs a new clip on it

Swapped out my pikey bodge for an EVOL dogbone and the proper bell housing brae as it was just previously held in the one big bolt into the gearbox casing. Had to bodge it with a chipboard washer as I drove to work and the rubber just fell out somewhere along the way 😂

Old bodge

20210421_084557.jpg

New Evol dogbone and proper support bracket

20210421_090958.jpg

Had the annoying brake light/fog light/reverse issue so I cleaned up the rear light plugs and pins and then cleaned off the cluster tracks and bulbs too. No more issues!

20210420_201203.jpg

Cleaned up my headlights and got rid of the Amber indicators too

20210420_195819.jpg
20210420_195824.jpg

Need to give it a quick polish as the car cover has dulled it in some spots and slightly scratched it too😅 Ready for Sunday now and I dont have to drive a comfortable, quiet, heated seats, blisteringly cold aircon'd Kia everyday... yeah a Clio with no AC and solid everything is great to use everyday... right?😢😢

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate! Why are you using this everyday? Is the Megane dead?
Replaced the clutch on it, got sent the wrong slave cylinder, so I had to reuse the old one (I joked with my mate at the time who helped me and said I'd ring him when it pops)

Got halfway home and it popped, luckily it was midnight so I could limp it home rev-matching gears slightly, using what clutch pedal I had left which was about 5mm of travel. It's been sat on the drive since because the gearbox weighs 70kg and I can't be fucked doing it on my back 😂

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Replaced the clutch on it, got sent the wrong slave cylinder, so I had to reuse the old one (I joked with my mate at the time who helped me and said I'd ring him when it pops)

Got halfway home and it popped, luckily it was midnight so I could limp it home rev-matching gears slightly, using what clutch pedal I had left which was about 5mm of travel. It's been sat on the drive since because the gearbox weighs 70kg and I can't be fucked doing it on my back 😂
Oh b****cks - after a week of daily driving the Clio I bet you suddenly find yourself bench pressing a Meg box... 😅

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
More than likely 😂 Going from driving a Silent Kia has made me realise why @frayz put all that sound deadening in his 😂

I'll get a vid later of the vibration noises in mine 😂

My car is rattling itself apart with the ktec engine mounts! Jeez it’s harsh. I’ve got tape on my head unit (cheap jvc) as it sounds like a blender with a load of plastic BB’s in at certain revs. Think my door rivets have come loose and now my clocks are vibrating.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Was swapping my wheels when I found one of my rear discs was cracked in 2 spots🙃

Quick swap out with a brand new spare I had in stock. Studs were properly in there as I snapped my 5mm Allen bit in the end so double nutted them out and back in

20210424_153708.jpg
20210424_154154.jpg

Disc had a bit of surface crap on but cleaned off with the wire brush

Swapped the Rota Slipstreams & PS3 for Turbines/Maracanas & NS2R 180 and gave it a bath

20210424_162348.jpg

Went to The Motorist with the Yorkshire massive today. @Porl had fucked off to stamp on some rodents by this point, @Sj1782 was parked 15 mins away and I took the pic from this direction so @Louis' rusty quarter wasn't in shot and @leeds2592's primer Turini wasn't in shot. @dann2707's burnt forehead was there and @Steve_RS was too busy looking for a stage 6 Golf R

20210425_131702.jpg

20210425_131710.jpg

Need to address a small clunking at the front and get the wheels rebalanced as the steering wheel shakes like a pedophile having a pocket w**k outside of a school

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Was swapping my wheels when I found one of my rear discs was cracked in 2 spots🙃

Quick swap out with a brand new spare I had in stock. Studs were properly in there as I snapped my 5mm Allen bit in the end so double nutted them out and back in

View attachment 1534743View attachment 1534744

Disc had a bit of surface crap on but cleaned off with the wire brush

Swapped the Rota Slipstreams & PS3 for Turbines/Maracanas & NS2R 180 and gave it a bath

View attachment 1534745

Went to The Motorist with the Yorkshire massive today. @Porl had fucked off to stamp on some rodents by this point, @Sj1782 was parked 15 mins away and I took the pic from this direction so @Louis' rusty quarter wasn't in shot and @leeds2592's primer Turini wasn't in shot. @dann2707's burnt forehead was there and @Steve_RS was too busy looking for a stage 6 Golf R

View attachment 1534746

View attachment 1534747

Need to address a small clunking at the front and get the wheels rebalanced as the steering wheel shakes like a pedophile having a pocket w**k outside of a school

Ohhh, what a day 🥵

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Since the aux belt change I've had a slight buzzing at about 3k around the cambelt area

Decided to investigate today at work, no the bumper isn't sat against the wing so f**k off

20210511_115346.jpg

Alternator manual tensioner had buzzed loose. You can see how much real estate I've gained from removing PAS and AC. Piece of piss to do stuff to the car

20210511_115354.jpg

Quick nip up with the stubby spanners, took over a full turn🤣

20210511_115657.jpg

Decided to pull the middle drain out whilst in the engine bay, had a bit of s**t in there built up over the last 2 years so cleaned it out

20210511_113834.jpg
20210511_113837.jpg

Noticed my clutch cable and loom were dangling behind the 1.2 8v heat shield... and I had the heat shield on upside down too🤦‍♂️😅 It fits loads better when you have it on the right way🤣🤣

20210511_114407.jpg
20210511_114741.jpg

Arms and hands are now itchy as f**k from the heat wrapped manifold rubbing on them

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye rattled itself loose, a lot of stuff does with the Ktec/Vibra mounts and Evol dogbone🤣I'm not using the standard nuts because they got thrown in a bucket once upon a time so I just used some standard nuts so it took like 2 turns to tighten them both🤣🤣

Everytime I tighten something on this car it seems to feel faster🤔🤣 Weird placebo