ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Track Car

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Don't put B14's on it, they are too soft for a track car. Hold out for some BC's or ast's😏.
Really?!

Even if they're £350 B14's that are practically new? 😂

Agreed, had them on mine and on track it was far too soft. Especially as you can't adjust the stiffness on them either.

It depends on what the daily driving:track day ratio will be though. For what I wanted they were spot on as they were comfy as f**k just when it came to a track day they really let themselves down. Can't have them all though!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've got Grams springs and cup shocks atm, I did Blyton on Cooksports and Cup shocks and it just seemed to roll like f**k

@0ss will tell you, going round left-handers I'm surprised the OSF spring didn't eject and Paul didn't fall onto my lap... Gutted about the 2nd part though :cry:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I've got Grams springs and cup shocks atm, I did Blyton on Cooksports and Cup shocks and it just seemed to roll like f**k

@0ss will tell you, going round left-handers I'm surprised the OSF spring didn't eject and Paul didn't fall onto my lap... Gutted about the 2nd part though :cry:

Really :( I've just fitted cooksports and was hoping they would be okish for light track use.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Twas a bit rolly on track, and I found the cooksports harsh on the road and some bumpy parts of my commute I had to take slower than with standard springs fitted.
The B14's I would say feel similar to standard over bumps but don't roll as much. They defiantly aren't stuff enough for track use unless you raise the height to avoid scrubbing. Are stiffer springs available from bilstein?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Twas a bit rolly on track, and I found the cooksports harsh on the road and some bumpy parts of my commute I had to take slower than with standard springs fitted.
The B14's I would say feel similar to standard over bumps but don't roll as much. They defiantly aren't stuff enough for track use unless you raise the height to avoid scrubbing. Are stiffer springs available from bilstein?
I'm sure you can get any springs to suit. I'll still get em anyway just cos I like spending money ffs 😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Went for a drive earlier with @Louis @dann2707 @0ss @Sj1782 @Steve

The clio was faultless all day

... until I got about 2 miles from home and it decided to eject hole #3 spark plug😡😭

Luckily I had JUST enough tools to remove the upper inlet and sort it. It threaded back in and I managed to get it tight using a 17mm socket and used a mini prybar as a ratchet🤦‍♂️

20200905_160202.jpg
20200905_161737.jpg

Limped it home and parked it up, cunting thing

20200905_170303.jpg
¹
20200905_170317.jpg

Dan took a nice photo of it though

IMG-20200905-WA0007.jpg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Any ideas on why the spark plug shot out?

Looks very clean in the last shot!

Roads look lovely just did a google maps and you may as well be in a different country - for a moment I was going to ask if I could join you on your next one but that will not be happening

1599333604291.png

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure tbh, I heard a ticking earlier in the day but assumed it was just a sticky lifter. Apparently not...😂😂

Ill inspect the threads and if its fucked then I'll buy another 172 to break amd a 197 then build a big spec engine and go for nice power

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I like the logic - need new pads - big brake kit, need a new spark plug - high comp engine build. I like where this is going 👍

Mild exhaust blow - turbo kit
Tried to fit my Brembos the other day but I need to start giving them a short back and sides with the grinder😂😂

Before being cleaned

20200830_135541.jpg
20200830_135159.jpg

And after

20200830_163530.jpg

Shame they just don't fit with Rotas ffs

20200831_100021.jpg
20200831_100017.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Having my kitchen ripped out this week and a new one fitted next week. Had to move the clio up the drive a bit to allow a bit more room for the blokes doing the work

In doing so I found Ground Zero for all Covid's, AIDS, Malaria, Measels, mumps, rubella, lung cancer, gonorrhoea, syphilis, HIV and most vaginal yeast infections

20201115_150826.jpg
20201115_150832.jpg

I cleaned it with some "anti-bacterial cleaner" and some "anti-bacteial wipes". Let's just see how it fairs😂😂

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Mine has an annoying leak, I've been trying to find it for years! I though I stopped it when I pulled the trims out from above the rear windows, cleaned it out and then filled the gaps with silicone. Parked under a tree in the rain...found another way in :LOL:. Can't put anymore silicone on it, if I ever crash I'll bounce!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
And is that a face looking out through all the shite in your garage, some monster made from the worlds supply of Clio parts and cardboard boxes you keep buying

1606865650309.png

I find you can never have enough fucked cardboard boxes in your garage. If the car was inside (and hence not leaking) the boxes would get all wet.