ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Track Car

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not keen on the zip tied flexi hoses mate, id go back to standard hoses that fit properly. I too had issues with braided flexis catching the strut on full lock on the Kangoo, decided not to use them in the end and stayed stock.

If you saw the standard ones then you'd see this as an upgrade? They weren't half rotten!!

https://www.lasermaster.co.uk/ for your wheel washer or I can make you one at work

If you would then I'd greatly appreciate it mate!! I want this scabby 182 wheel gone tbh

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My list of things to do is nice and short now. Light at the end of the tunnel

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Small update

The Clio is 2 steps away from MOT, I ordered a set of new O2 sensors last night which I'll fit on Monday as the car seems to hunt and burble weirdly on idle and I don't fancy it failing on the MOT for something so trivial. Plus the live data values for the post cat lambda seem really off as they don't seem to read anything different and the figures are pretty high. For the sake of £80 I can change them both and not have to worry about them for a good while.

I dropped the gearbox oil the other day, before I put the engine and box back together I jetwashed the gearbox without the shafts in so I was pretty sure I'd got at least a tiny amount of water in the diff housing (I plugged it up with rags). So to be extra careful I just filled the box with some cheap oil to keep it moveable and I knew I could always just drop it later on... Well I'm glad that I did this before attempting to drive the car fully!

State of that! It had like a really Mayo like consistency on the settled bit at the bottom of the pan so there was water in the box 100% and I'm glad I dumped it, even if it had no miles on it

Went to my local dealer and picked up 3 litres of ELF stuff for £30, not the worst price considering it's at a dealership!

I then started the task that I always get annoyed at, I always tell myself that I'l buy myself a proper piece of kit that makes adding gearbox oil a 5 minute job... But then I always forget and end up using some retarded setup like this which takes me about 30 mins ?

I worked out that I did around 40 of those syringes full of gearbox oil to put in about 2.6 litres into the box, my hand definitely felt like it afterwards!!

And as you all should know I've been chasing warning lights and the car has been an arse with me for the past few weeks in terms of finding all the issues. I had the airbag, SERV, and ESP lights illuminated as I'd previously gotten rid of the ABS light with the resetting of the angle sensor position. I bought the RS Tuner modules and tried to reset all the codes and turn off certain parts that weren't needed anymore. I managed to sort out a few of the airbags, but the airbag light was still present and showing a code for an electrical anomaly. Someone put forward a theory that the car could have been in a crunch and the airbag computer could have needed resetting... I had other ideas with that

Went into one of my garages and found an old airbag ECU, plugged it in and cleared the codes and et-viola! No more airbag light, you beauty!

As for the SERV & ESP I had to keep on digging! I kept trying to reset the angle sensor as I'm 100% sure it this as I keep getting the same code (pic below) for it. Resetting it and turning it with the steering wheel off didn't do much, I tried unplugging it, disconnecting the battery for half an hour and nothing seemed to work. I will have to see if there is any live data that the RS Tuner can pull for the steering angle percentage and see if I can just reset it in there or if I 100% need to have it reset via CLIP (of which @Brigsy has offered to do for me at CSF, legend:))

It may be a case of black sparky tape for the MOT and then get it sorted out afterwards, apparently, a new angle sensor won't fix the issue as it's not calibrated so the new one may do the exact same thing. I just want the car on the road because I can fix the bullshit easier once it's sorted! I've asked around friends for an angle sensor but as usual, they only seem to be my mate when they need something from me, not the other way around. Tossers

The list is slowly getting shorter, even though I keep adding things to it like a c**k? The panic has well and truly set in now, I haven't slept for more than 5/6 hours a night for the past 3 weeks and I'm just creating more and more jobs for myself to do so I can feel at ease that the car won't f**king fail me!!:ROFLMAO:

I'll have to let you all know what I manage to get done on Monday and if it passes the MOT... ??

Ta for reading

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Small update

The Clio is 2 steps away from MOT, I ordered a set of new O2 sensors last night which I'll fit on Monday as the car seems to hunt and burble weirdly on idle and I don't fancy it failing on the MOT for something so trivial. Plus the live data values for the post cat lambda seem really off as they don't seem to read anything different and the figures are pretty high. For the sake of £80 I can change them both and not have to worry about them for a good while.

I dropped the gearbox oil the other day, before I put the engine and box back together I jetwashed the gearbox without the shafts in so I was pretty sure I'd got at least a tiny amount of water in the diff housing (I plugged it up with rags). So to be extra careful I just filled the box with some cheap oil to keep it moveable and I knew I could always just drop it later on... Well I'm glad that I did this before attempting to drive the car fully!

State of that! It had like a really Mayo like consistency on the settled bit at the bottom of the pan so there was water in the box 100% and I'm glad I dumped it, even if it had no miles on it

View attachment 1423883

Went to my local dealer and picked up 3 litres of ELF stuff for £30, not the worst price considering it's at a dealership!

View attachment 1423884

I then started the task that I always get annoyed at, I always tell myself that I'l buy myself a proper piece of kit that makes adding gearbox oil a 5 minute job... But then I always forget and end up using some retarded setup like this which takes me about 30 mins ?

View attachment 1423885

I worked out that I did around 40 of those syringes full of gearbox oil to put in about 2.6 litres into the box, my hand definitely felt like it afterwards!!

And as you all should know I've been chasing warning lights and the car has been an arse with me for the past few weeks in terms of finding all the issues. I had the airbag, SERV, and ESP lights illuminated as I'd previously gotten rid of the ABS light with the resetting of the angle sensor position. I bought the RS Tuner modules and tried to reset all the codes and turn off certain parts that weren't needed anymore. I managed to sort out a few of the airbags, but the airbag light was still present and showing a code for an electrical anomaly. Someone put forward a theory that the car could have been in a crunch and the airbag computer could have needed resetting... I had other ideas with that

View attachment 1423887

Went into one of my garages and found an old airbag ECU, plugged it in and cleared the codes and et-viola! No more airbag light, you beauty!

As for the SERV & ESP I had to keep on digging! I kept trying to reset the angle sensor as I'm 100% sure it this as I keep getting the same code (pic below) for it. Resetting it and turning it with the steering wheel off didn't do much, I tried unplugging it, disconnecting the battery for half an hour and nothing seemed to work. I will have to see if there is any live data that the RS Tuner can pull for the steering angle percentage and see if I can just reset it in there or if I 100% need to have it reset via CLIP (of which @Brigsy has offered to do for me at CSF, legend:))

View attachment 1423898

It may be a case of black sparky tape for the MOT and then get it sorted out afterwards, apparently, a new angle sensor won't fix the issue as it's not calibrated so the new one may do the exact same thing. I just want the car on the road because I can fix the bullshit easier once it's sorted! I've asked around friends for an angle sensor but as usual, they only seem to be my mate when they need something from me, not the other way around. Tossers

The list is slowly getting shorter, even though I keep adding things to it like a c**k? The panic has well and truly set in now, I haven't slept for more than 5/6 hours a night for the past 3 weeks and I'm just creating more and more jobs for myself to do so I can feel at ease that the car won't f**king fail me!!:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1423897

I'll have to let you all know what I manage to get done on Monday and if it passes the MOT... ??

Ta for reading
I'd give you a sensor if I had one mate ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
***HUGE UPDATE***

I haven't been sleeping well for the past few weeks because of multiple stressful things happening. Not slept in 30 hours when writing this so take it with a pinch of salt as it will be muddled and just be me chatting s**t??

Changed the rad this morning, the car has been apart so many times that everything just slips away from each other. It took me a few hours on the Megane to do this job... the Clio took all of half an hour which included staring at the floor trying not to let the existential dread set in too...?

Anyway, I got a nice shiny boii from @Digger90 , thanks again mate?

I rinsed all the old antifreeze away and swilled it with washing up Liquid too. I have cats and they're both fat and stupid enough to start swigging the nasty stuff!?

I then changed the lambda sensors for new Bosch ones as the rear one was reading really weirdly (keep a note of this for later reading...)

I had it booked in for MOT and frankly I was shitting myself beyond belief. The TC light was still on due to the knackered angle sensor degree value and it was still running ever so slightly lumpy

Anyway, to cut the bullshit, it passed the MOT...

Apparently, my cat is hollow which is a shitter, not only because it will fail a clean MOT but because I'm technically £250 out of pocket if I was to sell the b*****d?

To celebrate me and my mate went for a little drive, his is running around 280bhp (exact same engine/ECU setup was used in his younger brothers car at 283bhp) and it definitely shows because it pulls away and leaves me for dead?? Me want boost I think... and maybe a diff too?

A few camera phone pics of both unwashed and unloved cars? I'll get more tomorrow after a wesh

20190701_164310.jpg
20190701_164336.jpg
20190701_164354.jpg
20190701_164452.jpg

On the drive I drove over some pebbles in the road, it sounded to me like nuts and bolts flying off the car... I was just in full paranoia mode and it turbs out it was just pebbles from someones driveway?? My mate thought I was a f**king crack head, I was on edge like a junkie and the lack of sleep hasn't helped at all

Tonight I will sleep like a baby, I might even s**t myself in the night for full effect!?

More to come tomorrow, thanks for reading all?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Few more bits done today

PH1 airbox and a fresh pipercross filter

I had to cut my Samco hose under the bansaw to shorten it?

20190702_141001.jpg

It wont be drawing in warm engine air like the old Ramair which can only help

I then whipped off the old spoiler

20190702_121553.jpg

And then plonked this one one?

20190702_123223.jpg
20190702_123206.jpg

Dont worry, I cleaned underneath before fitting it. I had to 'massage' some of the original boot holes with a drill and a 6mm bit to make it possible to bolt it down

I then gave it the first wash in over a year? the only other time was a wet down with the hosepipe and a soapy wipe down! It was absolutely hanging

Snow foamed it with fairy to strip all the greasy hand prints off and any protection... if there was any?

20190702_125440.jpg

Gave it a nice clean off and dried it off with some AG aqua wax and then stuck on some new plates with a 3/4 front plate

20190702_142506.jpg

20190702_142530.jpg

Obligatory pic of it with the Megane

20190702_143323.jpg

Full chav status... Achieved!!

Drove it to get the tracking done at BRAM Racing, I was only out by half a degree of camber on the passenger side so not bad for an eyeball job. Then Brad set it up for 6 minutes of toe out, it drives f**king bang on now! Cant wait for a big ol' rip down some B roads tomorrow and Thursday!!

I still have my just incase gear in the car but no tools as of yet as nothing is loose... well apart from the reverse switch sensor which was weeping a tad? Nipped that up while it was on the ramp and all dandy, I thought it was the CV, actual s**t departed!!?

20190702_194537.jpg

I've had it on the motorway and it's not too grimacing on the old tabs so I'll be reet for the drive to Blyton. I'm just worried about the noise test now, non res Ktec stealth with a supposedly hollow cat... recipe for a f**king c**t kicker that is!

Got to go in to work tomorrow afternoon for 'training' ? Might get my wheels swapped over in the morning and see if I can get it quickly machine polished. If not then that's a job for Thursday

Ta for reading all?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Looks well after a clean up. You wont have any problem with noise at Blyton, they dont test static, and my single box system on the Kangoo which is as loud as the old Yozza system does not trigger the drive by monitor. Mine is something silly like 108db on the limter:LOL:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Looks well after a clean up. You wont have any problem with noise at Blyton, they dont test static, and my single box system on the Kangoo which is as loud as the old Yozza system does not trigger the drive by monitor. Mine is something silly like 108db on the limter:LOL:
f**king minter!?

I dont know if its loud but I guess @OssPoop will probably let me know when I go full send past him on the 62??

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
So then

CSF prep

Was driving the car about for a few days to get everything heat soaked, bedded in and I wanted to make sure it would withstand its c**t getting kicked in on the Saturday.

Obviously the 5-0 use a database made from old stones and spit because the car had been taxed for 26 hours before he pulled me over on Thursday morning telling me it was sorned?

20190704_114940.jpg

I felt judged when he asked me how long I had the car, I said over a year and he looked puzzled to f**k? Alright mate, it's taken a while in get it hahaha

Replaced my bodge of a wheel bolt in the breather for the carbon canister with a bung. I bought 10 of these because they were £4.50 each or £10 for £10...?

20190704_161429.jpg

20190704_161344.jpg

Friday morning I packed the car ready for CSF, I think I overpacked way too much gear

20190705_144921.jpg

20190705_143749.jpg

My first bit of track time was so good, car was pretty much perfect all afternoon. I didn't want to give it full send so I just drove it like a semi-c**t? I was still on the discs that were on the car when I bought it over a year ago, I just cleaned off the rust and s**t and sent it with some bargain PBS pads, £110 for front and rear pads, dont mind if I do!

By the end of the session the brakes were a bit worse for wear, the fluid was hot as s**t, the pads had pickup on them and the discs were showing signs of being warped slightly as I could feel vibrations when stamping down hard on the brakes. Didn't do too bad considering I'd done easily 50 laps with only a cool down lap and 5 mins off track every 10 laps or so

The plan is probably get some Brembo HC from @George@RTR_Parts , use up my PBS and Mintex F3 pads then move to the Brembo setup with a 197 MC that I'll refurbish with new seals.

My tent looked worse for wear after the Saturday??

20190706_175820.jpg

And then my garage room the hit on Sunday???

20190708_112351.jpg

Spent all Monday sorting the b*****d though??

Woke up on Tuesday morning and the car must have been sweating some power

20190709_142453.jpg

Gearbox was a bit leaky on the selector seal after replacing the oil so I guess that gives me an excuse to get a new gearbox... maybe one with a diff...

I just want to say a massive thanks to all the people that made my first CSF a good one I'll never forget about, cheers for everyone that came and introduced themselves as it was good to put some forum names to faces. It was nice to finally meet a few faces of members I've spoken to for months, some of you even years! @DaveDreads @Filters @Don @OssPoop @HMS Derv Destroyer thanks for making my head hurt with laughter, I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard I could feel my head pulsing? Already cant wait for next year! I'll be on track for the full day I think, this was a proper well put together event and the majority of people I came across on track were courteous (Apart from the dog s**t slow 197's that I sat behind for ages, that wouldn't move nor would they get blue flagged and the dipshit in the silver 182 that couldn't drive at all?)

Now to get some more trackdays booked, make the car better and get better at driving as I have a lot still to learn!

Once again thanks to everyone, easily one of the best forums out there for support and everyone will muck in at the time of need.

Ta for reading, I'll spam some pics that I took while I was there and some of my car too

Like this

20190706_154142.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• 20190704_211656.jpg
    20190704_211656.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 132

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
First update since CSF

Been using the car a bit more recently as it's cheaper on shorter trips than the Megane and it gives me an excuse not to give anyone a lift as theres only 2 seats😂

Changed the interior handles because I was sick of feeling the sticky cum ridden ones

20190902_142300.jpg
20190902_142255.jpg

Finally gave it a wash for the first time since it was on track

20190915_092653.jpg

20190915_093216.jpg

20190915_093146.jpg

Did put a sunstrip on earlier, what a monumental pain in my massive sweaty chuff that was!!!

Took me 45 mins and it still looks w**k! Deffo does the job of saving me from being blinded though! Might get the next one done by a pro though as this might have only cost £4, but you can certainly tell it was applied by a shaved chimp like myself😂😂

20190920_172553.jpg
20190920_172600.jpg

10x better inside, blocks out the unnecessary low lying sunlight from my eyeballs

20190920_175439.jpg

Still not got the brembos on yet but I bought these ones the other day, I dont think they'll fit as they're already tight under a 17" wheel😂

20190917_193255.jpg

Ta for reading

Attachments

• 20190915_093216.jpg
    20190915_093216.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 118

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Noice, will get some ordered. I ran a sunstrip when I first got the 182, but when it was standard it looked w**k!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My gearbox did the same as yours, fill it up and it pisses out until of the selector until its happy with the 1.5 litres left. Cant decide whether to keep topping up or let it go bang