ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco Blue, Phase 2, 172

Greetings peeps. Ive had my 172 now for about a month a thought its about time I put something on here. After going to the dark diesel side for 12 months with a MG ZR decided to go back petrol and buy a 172. Its a 2004, done 36,000 miles bought it for £3800. Has a few minor faults that need sorting

- For some reason the trip computer keeps resetting itself (bizarre)

- Climate control only seems to be cold or hot depends what it set at when ignition turned on (bizarre)

- Slight water leak from the washer bottle (refuse to fork out £65 for a new one)

- Wheels need restoring

Below are a few pics I took after a good clean yesterday, please leave some comments and if you could help me with some of the above problem I would be very greatfull thanks.

SAM_0119.jpg

SAM_0123.jpg

SAM_0121.jpg

havent got too many plans really bud, im not really into the loud exhausts and all any more just want to sort the problems ive got out and keep her clean well serviced and just basically keep her a good one, only real mods i may do is get a k&n panel filter for next service and maybe a remap, company pretty close to my home does a really good job.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Lovely car, really nice one that. Splitter would finish her off nicely :)

330i. E30 Touring.
Search for the Skoda splitter on here. It's only £12 as opposed to £140 odd for a Renault one!

Other than that, looks good!

There should be someone breaking a 172 who'll have a washer bottle. Saying that, I might even have one in the shed.

Nice. Will be interested to see what you do with it as its exactly the same as mine, except the previous owner kerbed the alloys to absolute knackery.

Listerine & Poledo
havent got too many plans really bud, im not really into the loud exhausts and all any more just want to sort the problems ive got out and keep her clean well serviced and just basically keep her a good one, only real mods i may do is get a k&n panel filter for next service and maybe a remap, company pretty close to my home does a really good job.

good man.

too many people are far too keen on taking good cars and "improving" them

cheers guys i was thinking bout a splitter but when i heard it was over £100 soon put me off, theres a skoda garage near my home so il pop over and see what they can do tomorrow. Don't think im going to lower her i dont really want to lose any of the comfort but maybe in time see how it goes. Going on the ramp this weekend today noticed the exhaust was rattling a bit when accelerating in 2nd and 3rd so need to find out where that happening and sort it.

Just a quick update, had a good service including fully synthetic oil, oil filter k&n panel filter a battery and some spark plugs. I never got round to going to the skoda garage but ive got a couple days off work this week il go then also going to look into a remap and getting my wheels restored.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
May I suggest an ITG panel filter and a decat.

Made mine much more pleasureable to hoon around in