ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Clio v6

A couple of small jobs done today.

Aerial base gasket - a very common issue on the vee unfortunately. Managed to get one from Steve from Rsports following a custom built group buy a few years ago (you can't get them anymore) but never got around to doing but only took 30 mins.

View attachment 1382499
Old v's newView attachment 1382500
A few parts fit removedView attachment 1382501View attachment 1382502
removed:View attachment 1382503
And fitted :)View attachment 1382504
Use the same gaskets on the 182 satnav bases too, I got hold of 5 a few months back.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Just been on a 'like' frenzy there mate, apologies! lol!

As a side note, that cover looks fantastic quality, worth every penny ?

No need to apologise Steve ;) yes the cover is fantastic - it has a fleecy lining but I still make sure the car is spotless before it on but haven't had any issues at all with it as you do read some horror stories associated with car covers.

Use the same gaskets on the 182 satnav bases too, I got hold of 5 a few months back.

Really I didn't know that - I wonder if it is the same part number as I was told you can't get them anymore. Are you selling the other 4, lol. Have you got the part number and how much were they mate?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
No need to apologise Steve ;) yes the cover is fantastic - it has a fleecy lining but I still make sure the car is spotless before it on but haven't had any issues at all with it as you do read some horror stories associated with car covers.

Really I didn't know that - I wonder if it is the same part number as I was told you can't get them anymore. Are you selling the other 4, lol. Have you got the part number and how much were they mate?
They're the same part number 100%. I sold the other 4, had them up on the forum in the classifieds at £20 posted each.
What did you pay?

That answered my question as to what the inner material is - that's the thing, people say about them scratching, messing up the paint etc, but if you use a cheap 'universal' 20 quid cover off eBay or put it on a filthy and/or soaking wet car, what do you expect!!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Sadly not for a few years, I was looking forward the Origine RS one as I've not been to it, but I found out it's skipping this year :(

Would have been awesome to see your phase 1 Illiad - only 8 in this country isn't it?
And it's a real shame that's there no ORS this year as it has always been a great show.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
They're the same part number 100%. I sold the other 4, had them up on the forum in the classifieds at £20 posted each.
What did you pay?

Thanks for message and link matey - I will post it on the v6 forum.

That answered my question as to what the inner material is - that's the thing, people say about them scratching, messing up the paint etc, but if you use a cheap 'universal' 20 quid cover off eBay or put it on a filthy and/or soaking wet car, what do you expect!!

Exactly Steve - I would rather just leave the car outside in the elements but some just don't understand :(

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Had a great day at Cliosport Festival - I have not been before but was great.
Also was more than pleased to be asked to park the Vee outside the main tent :)

image.jpeg

Would have been awesome to see your phase 1 Illiad - only 8 in this country isn't it?
And it's a real shame that's there no ORS this year as it has always been a great show.
I will get along to a meet with it mate, yep only 8 in the UK, but less now (I know about all of them) a couple are Cat D too :( mine's not.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I will get along to a meet with it mate, yep only 8 in the UK, but less now (I know about all of them) a couple are Cat D too :( mine's not.

That's great to hear and yes get it shown off :)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Fricking love this v6! Spent forever drooling over it last weekend - there isn’t one thing I’d change about it, except for the name on the v5 ?

(P.s. it was me who asked you to park outside the main marquee)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Fricking love this v6! Spent forever drooling over it last weekend - there isn’t one thing I’d change about it, except for the name on the v5 ?

(P.s. it was me who asked you to park outside the main marquee)

Hello Owen :) and thanks for the kind words - it's kind of strange that I take me owning this car for granted and then when I take it anywhere it gets a lot of attention (good attention I hope, lol).

I was over the moon when you asked me to park it there - thanks buddy, you made my day.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Expensive day then.... ?

Actually Micks prices aren't to bad at all compared to others and then consider how good he is - it was a no brainer.
Total price was £538 :)

Cheers buddy! I hope you and the family are well.

Yes all good Andy, hope you're well and looks like you all had a blast in Wales - sorry couldn't make it this year as I was working.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yes all good Andy, hope you're well and looks like you all had a blast in Wales - sorry couldn't make it this year as I was working.
Glad to hear you're all well. :)
Yes, the Weekender was great despite the poor weather and 'interesting' traffic conditions (especially on the first day!) You were mentioned and missed in equal measure so sort it out for next year, please... hahahaha!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Glad to hear you're all well. :)
Yes, the Weekender was great despite the poor weather and 'interesting' traffic conditions (especially on the first day!) You were mentioned and missed in equal measure so sort it out for next year, please... hahahaha!

Thanks mate - I will make it next year :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I respect that, I couldn't handle that rattling around either lol

Thanks mate - it has always bugged me where to store it and then I randomly came across a picture of one, which I never knew you could get and thought fantastic thats what I need and nice an oem :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Surely that should have been standard fit? I use to use the in-laws mk3 and they had the remote in the house. Took ages to figure out how to disable the speed camera warning. I was ready to rip the bloody tomtom out completely ?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Wait a minute, did you advertise the Storm? I didn't see it anywhere but someone's got a great car there, I'd have loved it.