ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most powerful NA f4r engine

Clio
What is the most powerful normally aspirated f4r engine people know of and what mods they are running?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i think it is 234Bhp ish, and i believe it is currently at BTM or was last time i went there

Clio 172 cup
Not sure on n/a

But scoff from rtoc has a turbo-charged f4r engine in his r5 gt turbo, running 610bhp

Utter weapon

it varies on peoples bragging rights and various rolling roads. with the right internals 250 is possible. BTM built dougs car to 234 but thats with one or to issues that fred wants to look at, its good for 245/250 he said. TDF have recently built up a 240 cup racer to afaik.

Clio 172 cup
610?:eek: it's amazing that sort of power can come from a 2litre, but surely that's barely drivable

Its a drag car but its fully road legal, runs 10sec 1/4 miles

Type in 'scoff renault 5 gt turbo' into youtube to see some vids of the black beast

2.2 bar shed.
610?:eek: it's amazing that sort of power can come from a 2litre, but surely that's barely drivable

Check the power that proper 4 pot 2 litre turbo's will do. 4G63 has done 2000bhp on methanol. Jokes tbh.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I built this a while back

IMG_3302-1.jpg

519240bhp172cup.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
spec list was massive, but the jist of it was high compression, headwork and cams, fine tollerence balancing and throttle bodies with extra long trumpets.

spent days measuring every single clearance imaginable on the bottom end alone

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
When you look at how much NA tuning costs, it almost makes forced induction look like a cheap option :)

Clio
spec list was massive, but the jist of it was high compression, headwork and cams, fine tollerence balancing and throttle bodies with extra long trumpets.

spent days measuring every single clearance imaginable on the bottom end alone

If you don't mind my asking what sort of money was spent?

Evo 5 RS
Stock is the way forward, I'd cry if I had just spent out 6k on a reasonable high comp spec only for it to go bang

It would go like stink granted but I decided against that years ago

TrackCar & F30 330d
There have been 280bhp F4R n/a engines. Videos on you tube of one. Injectors going directly down the trumpets of the throttle bodies and a set of injectors in the usual place!

Listerine & Poledo
with strengthened valve springs, longer conrods, port flowing et al....

What kind of reliable red-line can you get out of an f4r?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I know of an F7R that's up over 260bhp. Revs to 11k+

got some pics on my other laptop

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
11k redline.... for a Clio?

now we're really talking..... can I keep cruise control with that? :)