ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moving battery to the boot, Problems..

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
On tuesday me and Dan are moving my battery to the boot, so today i measured my battery, it was 8" in length and 7 in width, so i made a plate to go in the bottom, made it out of stainless, made it 7" in length and 6 in width, Found some bolts the right length, couple of washers for each bolt, and nuts with a crimped end so vibration cant undo them! .. Pic..

Image126.gif

So after doing this, looked in the boot, decided i want it in the back left, passenger side, against the back of the seat in the corner.

Next i looked under the car to see what would be in my way, noticed the zorst and heatsheild are gonna be in the way..

Is it an easy thing to do to just remove the back half of the exhaust? or drop it enough to get the 4 bolts through?

Thoughts please.

Focus ST
Personally i would run the battery in some kind of box, protect it from potential shorts and also protect you from it leaking etc. Depending how the exhuast runs over the rear beam will show you how hard it is to move. It may move just enough for you to do so.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
It will be in a battery box mate, But will be sat on this, i just dont wanna put the bolt through the plastic box then through the floor, as harsh cornering will crack the plastic were its mounted.

So made this plate to sit inside the battery box at the bottom to hold it down a bit better!

hope that makes sence!

i had a look earlier, as my car is high enough to just get under it LOL, and it looks a tricky job, thought it may be easier without an exhaust? and put it back later?

So hang on, this sits inside the box, with bolts going through the plastic then through the floor?

I can see how that will stop the plastic from snapping? Or im reading it wrong........

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Well, instead of having 4 small contact points trying to hold it down, it will have one huge area clamping it down. Either way, how hard will it be to get access to above the exhaust (the floor pan!)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Its my fathers car at the mo, i will when its mine, so right now, i dont fancey removing it, as my luck will be it will go flat, and he will not be happy as he wont have a spare on board.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Well, instead of having 4 small contact points trying to hold it down, it will have one huge area clamping it down. Either way, how hard will it be to get access to above the exhaust (the floor pan!)

right just to put my two penneth in......

if you are clamping the battery down (which you 100% should) then this will act as the clamping/spreading force that will hold the battery box in place

on mine i have the battery box, then the battery inside in, then the battery clamp, the clamp holds the lot to the car, so in effect the battery is holding the battery box in place

comprende?