ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Re: ArcticClio182...progress..

Congrats mate, I had to change when we had our first. Didn't freaking last long though!

Haha thanks bud, i know, i keep thinking that all my money is just for myself still, i need to start changing my plans, for a little while :D

RB Clio 182

Finally cleaned the car today, i didnt get to take many pics as it was getting dark, and this is the only one that looked ok, if the cars still clean when i get back from work tomorrow ill bob some pics up.

277c42cd-041c-479e-9b59-849262d503d8_zpsd1b8ff9a.jpg

Many.

Love that pic, always loved those wheels but that angle is where they are best imo.

RB Clio 182

Love that pic, always loved those wheels but that angle is where they are best imo.

Thanks mate, i am really happy with the car at the moment.

Next up is either polorised tpi bolts or an rs tuner, or both lol.

I think i want the pops and bangs map, this is the only thing that i miss off my vxr.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Looks spot on mate.. Word of advise though mate, I would hold off on the TPI bolts until after the winter.. They suffer with discolouration and rusting with the road salt and grime.

Mine took a pounding, especially given the fact i haven't cleaned it for over 2 months now. Taken me hours and hours trying to revive them lol!

RB Clio 182

Looks spot on mate.. Word of advise though mate, I would hold off on the TPI bolts until after the winter.. They suffer with discolouration and rusting with the road salt and grime.

Mine took a pounding, especially given the fact i haven't cleaned it for over 2 months now. Taken me hours and hours trying to revive them lol!

Thanks Lawro :)

Brilliant mate, sound advise that, i would be gutted if i bought them and they started to corrode, thats bad, you would think they would have some kind of protection :(

Clio Sport 182 Cup-packed

So you have any scrubbing at the rears when
car is heavily loaded or when you carry two or more
people?

RB Clio 182

So you have any scrubbing at the rears when
car is heavily loaded or when you carry two or more
people?

I had some scrubbing with a boot full of shopping with three kids in the back before the camber shims, now they are fitted theres not as much at all.

I get non at all with just me and a front passenger.

Clio Sport 182 Cup-packed

Thanks mate. Same experience like me. So I will use 5mm instead of 10;)

Very nice 182. Looks ace.

RB Clio 182

I decided to remove my camber bolts today, the tyres worn down way too quickly with them on. The handling and turn in was much better with them fitted too.

I dont earn enough to replace the tyres every couple of thousand miles tho so they had to be removed.

Many.

Did you have tracking setup after adding camber? A couple of degrees doesn't normally wear that quickly!

RB Clio 182

How much camber were you using?

The cars looking great.

Thanks mate, im not 100% sure, but i had them set to maximum.

Did you have tracking setup after adding camber? A couple of degrees doesn't normally wear that quickly!

Hi mate, i had my tracking set up at my local tyre fitters a few days after i fitted the bolts, but they havnt got all the laser set up, they just have the scope thing.

I prefer the normal driving without the bolts in tbh, but it handled very well with them on.

Many.

Thanks mate, im not 100% sure, but i had them set to maximum.

Hi mate, i had my tracking set up at my local tyre fitters a few days after i fitted the bolts, but they havnt got all the laser set up, they just have the scope thing.

I prefer the normal driving without the bolts in tbh, but it handled very well with them on.

That'll probs be quite a bit of camber if set to max!

Get the tracking done now you've removed them too, any camber changes can make a huge differance to tracking. Don't want it ruining your new tyres too.

RB Clio 182

That'll probs be quite a bit of camber if set to max!

Get the tracking done now you've removed them too, any camber changes can make a huge differance to tracking. Don't want it ruining your new tyres too.

Thanks mate, ill get it done when i have the tyres fitted :)

RB Clio 182

I decided to remove my camber shims today as i didnt quite like how they looked, plus i noticed my tyres were wearing a lot more on the insides.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Very nice mate, need to get some new snaps of mine.

Are you coming to FCS this year?

RB Clio 182

Theres not been much happening lately, i have re painted my grilles and fog surrounds in satin black as i thought gloss was a little too much.

A couple of weeks a go i took delivery of four uniroyal rainsport 3's which imo are bloody good tyres, the ride quality, the wet grip, the dry grip and road noise are all brilliant, its the best tyre i have tried for a while.

d58fc276-b87e-442f-ae9b-64bcc8a16c46_zpsb644f65f.jpg

A couple of pics from todays clean..

PTDC0116_zpse3e7e557.jpg

PTDC0100_zps72ff14bd.jpg

RB Clio 182

Thanks guysy, yes i love them mate, i fancied something that performed well in the wet and these do just that.

RB Clio 182

Ive ordered a brand new top rs grill today as i was sick of repairing my painted satin black one, i have also ordered a new bottom grill to match :)

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Looks tidy pal!, surprised you have time to keep it so clean with a wee one.

Be interesting to see what the grills look like new, how much if you don't mind me asking?

RB Clio 182

Looks tidy pal!, surprised you have time to keep it so clean with a wee one.

Be interesting to see what the grills look like new, how much if you don't mind me asking?

The top one is brand new £67 delivered, the bottom one is 2nd hand but looks as good as new, i wasnt paying £60 for the bottom one, it doesnt fade like the top one does lol.

RB Clio 182

Received this earlier on today..

009_zps7280f752.jpg

013_zps35c369f3.jpg

e7de325e-e06c-4224-8676-fe532e450f8e_zps614dd100.jpg

A brand new rs grill, its not as black as i thought, they actually have a metallic dark grey finish to them, ill get some pics up when ive fitted both my grills and given the car a wash.

Im still waiting for my bottom grill to arrive.

RB Clio 182

This turned up earlier..

002_zps0b59aed8.jpg

004_zps52ea2086.jpg

005_zps6429eaeb.jpg

Ill get some pics up after i have fitted this and the bottom grill after a clean today (if my bottom grill turns up :()