ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Sadly yes, I need something family friendly with a bigger boot, but don't have the funds for a second car [emoji22]

Man that's a shame, its horrible selling up after you have put so much money into it :(

Dont give it away, we need to keep the sale prices of these turbos as high as possible :)

RB Clio 182
I noticed my near side one is leaking grease as someone has put a cable tie on the small end and it's worked its way loose. Fun job for me to do before Sunday haha.

You should be able to sort that easily mate, wheel off clip on wipe down job done.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You should be able to sort that easily mate, wheel off clip on wipe down job done.

From feeling the boot, it doesn't seem to have much grease left in it so going to bang some more in before securing it back in place. Did you use clips on yours? I'm thinking to use jubilee clips on mine as I don't have the tool for the proper clips but don't know the size.

Also, decided if you're coming on Sunday?

RB Clio 182
From feeling the boot, it doesn't seem to have much grease left in it so going to bang some more in before securing it back in place. Did you use clips on yours? I'm thinking to use jubilee clips on mine as I don't have the tool for the proper clips but don't know the size.

Also, decided if you're coming on Sunday?

I used the metal Clips which came with the boot mate, I had the proper tool but ive miss placed it so i used some snips to crimp it together with, but before I put it on I crimped it together slightly to make it easier to do once on.

I'm still not 100% about Sunday yet mate, I should be but I don't want to say yes just yet, my car is filthy too:(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I used the metal Clips which came with the boot mate, I had the proper tool but ive miss placed it so i used some snips to crimp it together with, but before I put it on I crimped it together slightly to make it easier to do once on.

I'm still not 100% about Sunday yet mate, I should be but I don't want to say yes just yet, my car is filthy too:worried:

Can't you just take your wheels off and measure with a tape measure? It hasn't got to be pefect as the clips are adjustable.

Where did you get your mounts from Tom?

RB Clio 182
Can't you just take your wheels off and measure with a tape measure? It hasn't got to be pefect as the clips are adjustable.

Where did you get your mounts from Tom?
I got the engine mount off richy182 and the gbox mount off dannyr :)

Cant wait to fit them.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I bet! Tbh I didn't think the vibration was that bad. I think mine was due to low idle. They feel so much better when changing gear!

Don't forget to paint the plates :wink:

Are you fitting them yourself or you getting help? Might be worth giving Dan a shout as he recently fitted my old ones to he's 182.

RB Clio 182
I bet! Tbh I didn't think the vibration was that bad. I think mine was due to low idle. They feel so much better when changing gear!

Don't forget to paint the plates :wink:

Are you fitting them yourself or you getting help? Might be worth giving Dan a shout as he recently fitted my old ones to he's 182.

Ill fit the engine mount, but Dan says the gbox mount is a bit trickier and to give him a shout when i fit it :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The drivers side is a piece of piss, the gearbox side is a bit more trickier. Nothing that can be done on a driveway though.

I found it easier to remove all gearbox brackets and remove it that way rather than out in situe. (sp?)

RB Clio 182
The drivers side is a piece of piss, the gearbox side is a bit more trickier. Nothing that can be done on a driveway though.

I found it easier to remove all gearbox brackets and remove it that way rather than out in situe. (sp?)

Whats sp mate?

RB Clio 182
A few pics after a clean..

93bbe688-e281-4672-b407-00268583c749_zpsebyz0eze.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/my-clean-turbo.778522/

RB Clio 182
Hi, not really an update, but i have just ordered the standard silver interior strips, gear knob insert and steering wheel insert, i am going for a more oem subtle look rather than the bold blue.

BG Clio 182
Hi, not really an update, but i have just ordered the standard silver interior strips, gear knob insert and steering wheel insert, i am going for a more oem subtle look rather than the bold blue.
Ya boring b*****d haha! Get it out there mate! Really hankering after turboing mine Ffs. Only thing putting me off is the problems people seem to have with em :(

RB Clio 182
Ya boring b*****d haha! Get it out there mate! Really hankering after turboing mine Ffs. Only thing putting me off is the problems people seem to have with em 😧

Its all a part of the fun mate :)

Ive had a new gbox, bolts on the turbo downpipe keep on working loose, and i had to get a custom exhaust to stop the knocking, these are the only problems that i have had iirc, not too bad in 7k miles or so.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah as its a timeless look.

The gold looks awesome as you know but as cool as it looks, you know that the standard look will always win in the long term.

Look at any old car (retro, classic, 80's, 90's, etc) with different wheels and you always say that it looks great but standard wheels would look much better.

I love your car Tom, but OEM+ will last :)

RB Clio 182
Yeah as its a timeless look.

The gold looks awesome as you know but as cool as it looks, you know that the standard look will always win in the long term.

Look at any old car (retro, classic, 80's, 90's, etc) with different wheels and you always say that it looks great but standard wheels would look much better.

I love your car Tom, but OEM+ will last :smile:

Great minds think alike :smile:

I think im going to get some standard wheels and have the refurbished so they are mint, i love the oz's, but oem ftw!

Also i love sleepers, i dont mind under the bonnet looking/being modded as its all about POWERRRR, but standard interior/exterior is best!

RB Clio 182
Which wheels look best?

I am thinking of going for the total oem look interioer/exterior wise, but with the added bonus of the turbo etc, sort of like oem++

Standard 182 wheels, i will need to purchase these which i will then get refurbed so they are mint!.

59f4946b-3be0-48ea-b2f1-84bafec41aa2_zpsx6jp9r0x.jpg

Or keep the OZ's..

fdd81504-48d5-4dbd-982d-2e6bf6eb38c0_zpsjyufsv21.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Standard > OZ's

Like you say, under the bonnet is not a problem as its all hiddden until open when you get the wow factor but standard looking with subtle things like droppped, spacers, exhaust, etc will be where it's at!

RB Clio 182
Dont forget how much better the car felt after you fitted the much lighter oz's though marra :)

That's the problem, after fitting the OZ's the steering felt so much more direct, you could steer it so much better, its hard to explain, but I like the standard wheels and the oem look :(

RB Clio 182
I decided to restore my headlights again today, i started off with 600 grade paper, then 1200 and finished with 2500, i then polished them up with the d/a and i am really pleased with the outcome, i havnt got any before pics sorry..

WP_20150723_004_zpswuzbqdhp.jpg

WP_20150723_001_zps5uxa4cqq.jpg

b9836ea5-2396-4b6c-a2de-6423871671d8_zps4kuxfjx3.jpg

I had just finished restoring them and i heard a knock at the door and these were delivered..

WP_20150723_009_zpscuvmmh3n.jpg

Vibra engine and gearbox mounts, ill get these fitted tomorrow :)

RB Clio 182
So i decided to fit my vibra technic mounts when i got home from work this morning after a night shift, i still havnt been to bed lol, i forgot to take one of the gearbox mount, but im sure we all know what a mount looks like lol....

3001bbaf-50da-4c8c-a972-01d2be7609f8_zpsxxa3ov7w.jpg

First impressions are brilliant, the car feels so much more solid and tight, im over the moon, theres a little more vibration on tick over but thats the only downfall, although i quite like it, it tickles my balls.

I got home earlier this morning and the post man had left me these, im still waiting on my dash strips tho..

WP_20150724_009_zpsoou4wmg0.jpg

OEM FTW!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looking good, got my headlights to do this weekend after about 100 people commented on them at the Yorkshire meet.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That's the problem, after fitting the OZ's the steering felt so much more direct, you could steer it so much better, its hard to explain, but I like the standard wheels and the oem look 😧
It felt better because they're lighter mate. Your also reducing the unsprung weight so it improves the handling at the same time.