ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Must have' products for a starter.

Fiesta ST200
Hello all :)

At the moment I only use very basic products on my car (I have an RB 182 for reference), and Im looking to get a bit more into detailing it.

Im just wondering what the must have products are for a starter?

I'll take you through a brief routine I use at the minute, please dont flame me for using bad products, just point me in the right direction :eek:

First i'll soak the car in AG TFR 1
Rinse
Clean wheels with AG wheel cleaner and wheel brush
rinse
Foam the car with AG Bodywork shampoo conditioner
Rub in with a clean sponge
Rinse
Dry using clean chamois and drying towel (only basic ones, need a good drying towel)
Coat of AG Radiant Wax Polish, applied with megs microfibre applicator
Buff off using microfibre
Coat of AG HD wax, using their own applicator
while wax is on, coat of AG glass polish, buff off
Buff off wax with microfibre
Gloss tyres with AG rubber plus

As you can see, my methods are very basic, and maybe harmful to the car?

Ive heard about things such as 'two bucket' method. Someone educate me please, as stupid as that sounds.

So yeah, if someone could make me a basic list of products to buy that would be great! Even if it means spending a bit!

Any help is appreciated :)

Often in between these stages of polishing I will use plastic conditioner to bring the plastics up.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
look at all the sticky's Gally has put at the top of the section, explains the best wash method.

uber yellow drying towel from i4detailing.co.uk get rid of the leather. HD wax is best applied and removed 1 panel at a time and as thinly as possible. It's a very good wax IMO.

the shine is in the prep. after washing look at tar remover, rinse, iron remover, rinse, clay to remove bonded contaminants, rinse, then start with your radiant wax. Isn't this the trade version of SRP?

I'm sure there has been quite an influx of starter threads since the weather turned recently.

Fiesta ST200
look at all the sticky's Gally has put at the top of the section, explains the best wash method.

uber yellow drying towel from i4detailing.co.uk get rid of the leather. HD wax is best applied and removed 1 panel at a time and as thinly as possible. It's a very good wax IMO.

the shine is in the prep. after washing look at tar remover, rinse, iron remover, rinse, clay to remove bonded contaminants, rinse, then start with your radiant wax. Isn't this the trade version of SRP?

I'm sure there has been quite an influx of starter threads since the weather turned recently.

Cheers for the advice, Dave.

Radiant wax polish is a new product, apparently.

I'll order up a drying towel now :)