ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mx5 build thread

Disastra Coupe
Shall keep an eye out then! Pick my Eunos Roadster up on Saturday, can't wait :D The mod's are already piling up in my room with some stuff on order too lol.

Adz

Work van
Right this is long over due update!

Ive been quite busy with the old girl over the past month getting bits and bobs sorted. First off i changed her rear end for an import one, this meant changing the rear bumper, number plate panel and uk number plate lights all for jdm bits :D also fitted rear bumper lip, painted all my brake calipers black and fitted my flocked dash surround :eek:

trying to get her started after a month of sitting in my garage lol

e87cac1c.jpg

but the best update happened tonight, if it wasnt for a good friend this would have been very hard to accomplish, I put an ordered in for some project-g parts :cool: as i was getting a hardtop spoiler i thought why not go all out soo i ordered the (project-g .... g-fusers) well this is the result so far, hardtop spoiler fitted, g-fusers mocked up and without rear flares for now

339f4b62.jpg

3ea92834.jpg

e8b8a950.jpg

more updates to follow ;)

Homo spec mazda
Awesome update!!! how much did you end up paying for the G fusers? not really interested in the spoiler

Looks great! The lip on the wheels came out well a lot better than chrome iirc you weren't too sure about it?

Are you going to get some of those race style wing mirrors? I know everyone does but they look great imo.

Adz

Work van
Looks great! The lip on the wheels came out well a lot better than chrome iirc you weren't too sure about it?

Are you going to get some of those race style wing mirrors? I know everyone does but they look great imo.

yeah i wasnt to sure on the colour of the lips but it is growing on me slowly lol the only mirrors i would go for are the runabout mirrors but as im trying to get rid of the chrome and save money this wont happen for a while.

Adz

Work van
Awesome update!!! how much did you end up paying for the G fusers? not really interested in the spoiler

ill pm you dude.

:eek:

Looks brilliant but on a serious note, its got to be undrivable?

Its not undrivable at all .. you just have to take alot more care when driving which isnt really a bad thing now, can still throw her around in the corners thanks to the hsd's set on full hard!

Adz

Work van
What spring rates are your HSDs? I ran mine pretty soft thanks to super stiff ARBs, and they were great that way.

9kg/mm Front, 6kg/mm Rear Spring Rates. I havent touched my ARBs yet need to though the rear one make a lovely noise lol i only run them full hard beause im so low and it helps stop the tire rub on the arch when cornering hard :eek:

Mazda 3 MPS
Adz its Joe! :D

Poped over to his tonight and by jolly is this going to look amazing on the move. All the little touches will make a big difference man!

Keep up the strong work! Oh and make sure your about sunday haha

I can't believe how well it all works! Saw a green one on the motorway last night that reminded me of yours. Need to see it IRL!
I don't think I could have ever put enough money into mine to get it upto this standard.. but I do want another!
Nice work lad. Good decision on the JDM rear too, even just the numberplate panel makes a massive difference IMO.

Adz

Work van
Adz its Joe! :D

Poped over to his tonight and by jolly is this going to look amazing on the move. All the little touches will make a big difference man!

Keep up the strong work! Oh and make sure your about sunday haha

hey buddy :D cant wait for sunday need some rolling shots ;) also been abit of a chav tonight and bought a decat pipe haha ... i need some noise in my life!

I can't believe how well it all works! Saw a green one on the motorway last night that reminded me of yours. Need to see it IRL!
I don't think I could have ever put enough money into mine to get it upto this standard.. but I do want another!
Nice work lad. Good decision on the JDM rear too, even just the numberplate panel makes a massive difference IMO.

cheers joey she has come along way in quite a short time, yeah jdm rear really finishes it off even went the extra mile and installed jdm number plate lights :eek: will you be going to japfest?

hey buddy :D cant wait for sunday need some rolling shots ;) also been abit of a chav tonight and bought a decat pipe haha ... i need some noise in my life!

cheers joey she has come along way in quite a short time, yeah jdm rear really finishes it off even went the extra mile and installed jdm number plate lights :eek: will you be going to japfest?

Probably not lad... working loads and I've not got a jap car anymore, so it'd just make me want to buy another '5. Lol :(
Wheels look a massive improvement without that Chrome lip BTW! Far more tasteful.

ph1 track weapon
Once i get some decent width wheels on mine i need those skirts, seen them on a few 5s now and just look so right. just trying to find the perfect wheel now!

Adz

Work van
little update had a feature with RollHard and it went live today :D ..... Go check out Rollhard on facebook as well ;)

mx5-10-1.jpg

Adz

Work van
oh and a few pictures from me messing around with her tonight, can anyone guses what my new seat is??

466fa6d6.jpg

a30bc683.jpg