ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

White mx5 mk1!
Good too see you have another 5 not been on here for ages due to my clio being garaged and it's death :p and my new white 5 toy, I've just got a top speed pro zorst and that's pretty loud lol, good work so far tho

I think it is slightly louder than Sebs was Rhys... you Need to stand a good 5/10 foot from the back end,its deafening.

Anyway, I'm currently making arrangements to solve my rust 'issue' before it goes lower...
It's going to be so worth it!

I'll try grab some more videos from a distance anyway... might not f**k the Mic up then!

It's fairly terrible. Nothing completely beyond repair, but it's more than likely I'll only discover more after fixing the arches etc... its going to end up a pain in the arse!

S4.

You know it makes sense... especially after feeling some real b00st last night!
Although I heard you've taken a liking to MX5s... Can't go wrong with them tbh! Simply awesome as project cars.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate. It was stupid loud on Seb's car! I can't wait to hear it :)

Get some coilovers on and you're onto a winner.

All in good time Joe!
Definitely holding out for HSDs. I was properly impressed with how well they managed bumps etc, even when stupidly low. It'd be silly to buy anything else tbh!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Lol when did Ed change his name?!?

I'd say you're doing the right thing to hold out for better coilovers tbh. Realistically I'd go for Mk2 coilovers and get some Mk2 top mounts. Means you can go lower and retain more suspension travel as the top mounts give more lows. Pretty sure most mk2 coilovers have more threads too.

I agree, get it lowered first.

A rusty motor with a sorted stance will look better than a hovercraft with tidy doors and wings.

Listerine & Poledo
Rust before lowz.

longevity before aesthetics.

slam it without dealing with the rust and the little 5 will be doing its own weight reduction every time you nudge a cats eye

EDIT: I'm guessing you've already checked the condition of the inner sills? Given these things rot from the inside out and the seatbelts attach on the same rails it can be quite a shock to the wallet... well, so MX5OC suggests anyway

All will become clear... just wait and see!

And its actually not going to cost the earth to fix... barely anything tbh.

Edit: wrong choice of words there really - mainly 'fix'.
But you'll see... I'm wiser than you think!

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL you should hear the exhaust on mine. The cars kept at my nans house and when I start it up it nearly kills her. Bless!

BTW, you need to lower this. I don't think people have mentioned?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
LOL you should hear the exhaust on mine. The cars kept at my nans house and when I start it up it nearly kills her. Bless!

BTW, you need to lower this. I don't think people have mentioned?

Lol. Is it louder than an engine with no manifold attached? Somehow this exhaust has done that.

All will become clear... just wait and see!

And its actually not going to cost the earth to fix... barely anything tbh.

Edit: wrong choice of words there really - mainly 'fix'.
But you'll see... I'm wiser than you think!

You going to drop the car in a swimming pool filled with Bilthamber?

Could work?