ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 cup semi project

Hi all, acquired this at the weekend so thought I'd do a little project thread.
She's a 52 plate cup, 2 owners from new but she's been a bit neglected, so needs some loving, I've known the previous owner and the car for years, they've had it since it was 2 years old, it's basically been a run about for them.

When i first got her home, with added bilberry
3uruma3y.jpg

Having a bath
gane5aqy.jpg

Some tar removal!
pupy2udy.jpg

Poorly turini's, going for refurb in anthracite tomorrow
4e2ury8y.jpg

The roof, after 2+ hour of work on the da, a slight improvement considering it was about as reflective as a pavement when I got it
sy7e9y5a.jpg

ytezyjyj.jpg

And the fun bits arriving..... Carbon!!

ujete9en.jpg

4epusava.jpg

More to come as and when it happens.
Advice/comments/abuse/death threats/marriage proposals welcome!

Haha, the plan is just to get it looking and driving nice again, but the deeper I dig the more I find that needs fixing!

On the list so far.....
2x front wheel bearing
Front discs and pads, putting yellowstuff pads in
Rear discs and pads
O/s/f driveshaft
2 bottom ball joints
Battery clamp
And 2 new tyres!
Should freshen it up somewhat!

Got a few bits on order now, new mats, wind deflectors, I put those on all my cars, and the wind noise on the clio is hideous!
Had problems with the rear brakes, so after reading on here I discovered my spacers from behind the disc where AWOL, so a quick message to g 172 and a new pair should be with me soon.
Got some normal 172 half leather for it as, frankly, cup seats suck. I like nice seats.
And my wheels are back from being painted, went for a darker colour as I don't think silver looks that special on blue cars....
e6ujybad.jpg

5y5amugu.jpg

and in the hottest room in my house, the bathroom! Just to make sure they go off nicely...
juganada.jpg

She's getting there now....
Small plate for the front
ene8e2us.jpg

Carbon wrapped dash strips..... Don't like the blue....
ra9ebu8u.jpg

Did a 3m headlamp restoration, what a difference!!
Before
yqejybuh.jpg

And after
e9e9y8ud.jpg

With 1 done
nyheha4u.jpg

Bmc cda fitted (had a naff piper x before)
tyny9a6u.jpg

Half leather fitted (airbag/service light is now on!)
usyzehe2.jpg

du4e4a6y.jpg

New mats fitted
uhe5unes.jpg

All the new brakes on
butugaqe.jpg

e2e3e3a5.jpg

And a quick bath, still needs a lot of work with the da but the weather won't allow
a7arasen.jpg

2ajahu9e.jpg

veba4ybu.jpg

also got the apes springs on, surprisingly no pics though!
Getting there!

I don't think they can go the wrong way, surely the hoses would be coming out the bottom?
Yeah, cracking kit, well worth the £20 odd that it costs

172 Cup Track Daily
Ooh, like the deflectors. Have been on the fence about getting some myself.

Are they Heko?

Clio RSI
Done a brilliant job on the paintwork looking very good, also love the wind deflectors think they are well suited

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Depth of the colour looks amazing.

A semi-project doesn't exist, I tried to convince myself of that once and then proceeded to spend the most I've ever spent on a car.

Was going to comment about the carriers also. Don't think having them that way round causes any issues but they do go round tuther way.

Clear indicators?

Finally got the passenger side clean....
ybuhy6us.jpg

And seeing as we are mid thunder storm here, some gratuitous beading shots.....
muhe7yqa.jpg

nujavaze.jpg

Went for a spin up to Caernarfon to pick up some strut braces today, took the scenic route......
u9a6anuv.jpg

ha5e5aru.jpg

jusate7u.jpg

And fitted them, don't know if they'll make a difference or not, have done on other cars I've owned, so, worth a try, especially when they were a bargain!
azymuda3.jpg

Had to paint the rear one
pu3y6u2u.jpg