ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 cup sprint car

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I've just bought another cup of a good friend of mine to use this season, it's had a lot done to it and only mod I will be looking to add for now is the induction as it's standard at the moment. Chris at EFI reckon he can get a little more power once done just need to decided what one to get. ( Any recommendations )
Well here is the spec:

ENGINE:
1/ Piper 285 cams and matched inlets.
2/ AT S2000 single throttle body and cable conversion.
3/ EC1-R programmable ECU and Dongle with map for above cams.178bhp/161ftlb torque.
4/ K & N panel filter and Samco induction pipe.
5/ BTB stainless 2.5" exhaust system with 182 sport Cat modified down pipe and group N rear back box hanger.
6/ Vibratecnics group N engine and gearbox mounts.

GEARBOX:
1/ Standard rebuilt JC129 Box ( by Agency ) with new valeo clutch kit an release bearing Feb 2013.
2/ Gripper LSD tarmac setting 40/60 ramps with Gripper CWP 13/59 FD with Alen key bolts. ( fitted by Agency )
3/ Yanoo gear lever stiff shift and Powerflex dog bone mount.

SUSPENSION & BRAKES:
1/ Bilstein B14 Coil over supspension and standard top mounts.( set up by Blink )
2/ Goodridge braided brake lines and ATE super blue brake fluid.
3/ Mintex M1155 front brake pads with Brembo standard front discs, standard rear pads and discs.
4/ Powerflex front lower arm bushes / black, ref PFF60301.
6/ Powerflexx front ARB bushes / purple.
7/ Whiteline rear ARB and bushes to suit.
8/ Turini Cup 16"wheels with ADO8 rubber.

MISCILANEOUS & INTERNAL:
1/ Renault Sport steering wheel.
2/ Phase 1 stalk and horn mod for above.
3/ Engine cambelt and auxiliary belt changes. Date 27/01/2011--- 55,315 miles.
Date 17/05/2015--- 60,280 miles.
4/ Full front end refresh May 2014. Track rod ends, Track rods, front wheel bearings all done in pairs.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
No fibbing there, I know the car from its previous owner too

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Maybe only watching, not planning on having the new car built and ready until August and the cup will be getting stripped to donate it's parts before long.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
What Paul said.

Also just bagged my self a set of toyos R888's for a couple of trackdays, I didn't want to use the 2 sets of ADO8's I have I want to keep them for sprinting.....

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
All sorted mate the drive was good . Going to give it a good run out to Angelsey on Saturday mate.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Update.

Pure Motorsport shifter ordered Tuesday and delivered today good service can't wait till it gets fitted Saturday.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
A photographer who does stuff for work emailed me today to say he's coming to the sprint, so we will hopefully get some great pictures!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Longton and district motor club sprint, Three sisters kart track near Wigan. Practice start from 10am, everybody gets 2 runs, then it's onto the timed runs and they try to give us as many as possible during the day.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Its also free to get in before 9.30, then £5 each after that I think

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Pissed off my tyres didn't work then the rain stopped me trying my others. Disappointed.
Castlevision.co.uk got some photos though

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Not looking at them mate lol but found out I had wrong linkage that's why I couldn't find gears will be sorted for aintree