ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 cup sprint car

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Results on Longton website.
I was over 1.5 secs slower than what I did last year, with a stripped out car and what I thought would be better tyres. Then it rained.
Disappointed.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Not mixing it with riffraff ! not really I am working :confused:
Barbon is the 1st longton I can make

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Hotish, but I had so little grip, Russell and Keith were 0.5 secs quicker than me running in 1b. I was having to lift off in places where the AD08 would be gripping. The tyres I tried were just too soft and I was destroying them. The rain arrived before I could try my other yokos

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I have 2 sets of ad08's on 15's and 16's and found out this weekend how bad they are in rain so thinking of a different set for the 15's which are better in wet conditions

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
AD08's are good in the wet esp Aintree as its a very grippy surface, hope its dry for you guys. If its dry I want to see a 55 sec time as well.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Thought i best get aa pic up
Cup_zpsrcsaqzlt.jpg

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Just got some CL rc6's as they were awesome on my last cup them some bucket seats.

Track 172 Cup
Take it Carl got your drive shaft done ok the other day lol would have stayed talking longer but missus and baby were in the car and they both would have been screaming if I left them too long lol.

I've been impressed with them would definitely consider another set when the current ones need replacing.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Driveshafts done mate but I had a weird noise still coming from the front wheels so didn't really enjoy the Aintree sprint . After some more investigation we found that it was the gripper and its normal so look forward to giving it a good blast when I do Aintree trackday

Track 172 Cup
Know what you mean lol I have a binding front drivers caliper so have spare pair (refurbished) waiting to be fitted on Saturday but my last day at Oulton it was in my mind thinking about it so didn't really give it a hard day.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Bit of an update..

Webber ITB's
Mapped at EFI to 195 bhp
PMS shifter
Spare set of 15's TD's
A set of bucket seats
New harness's
Most prob more bits but I'm a bit of an empty head
Car is running great and the sound is awesome