ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Track Car Project

Clio 220 PH2
Update the new wheels came on Friday got the tyres swapped over ready for the ring. The car looks a million times better with the new wheels the old ones really let the car down in my opinion.
Spec is 7J 16". Front are et20 and the rears et35. Team dynamics pro race 1.2s same spec are the green wheels but just 16"
IMG_0818.JPG

I have put 3 layers of wheel wax on them to hopefully keep the brake dust biting into the wheel
IMG_0819.JPG

Not had chance to look at the car properly from the side hence the poor picture but I will get some better ones of the next few days
Washed the car ready for the ring so it's all ready to go
IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Also I have got some ELF stickers on the mirrors so it's safe to say things are getting pretty serious lol

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
I have the same wheels in black wish i had white.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Clio 220 PH2
I have the same wheels in black wish i had white.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I did think long and hard about having black but I fancied something different to the wheels I took off. Being intertesting to see how many seconds it will take for them to get dirty lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Update the new wheels came on Friday got the tyres swapped over ready for the ring. The car looks a million times better with the new wheels the old ones really let the car down in my opinion.
Spec is 7J 16". Front are et20 and the rears et35. Team dynamics pro race 1.2s same spec are the green wheels but just 16"
View attachment 1330989
I have put 3 layers of wheel wax on them to hopefully keep the brake dust biting into the wheel
View attachment 1330990
Not had chance to look at the car properly from the side hence the poor picture but I will get some better ones of the next few days
Washed the car ready for the ring so it's all ready to go
View attachment 1330996
View attachment 1331001
Also I have got some ELF stickers on the mirrors so it's safe to say things are getting pretty serious lol
What snow foam have you used mate?

Clio 220 PH2
Well me and the Clio both survived the Nurburgring trip with no issues the car ran spot on the whole trip the only weak point was me doing well over a 1000 miles in a car with no air con or comfortable seats lol but it was worth it when we got there. The orange cup racer was spot on as well no issues with that apart from getting another puncture but lucky all the track days were complete so nothing lost apart from another slick. We found the spring rates were miles to stiff for the ring so we are looking into different springs when the car goes to the ring again. Dads also going to buy a new set of tyres for it and possibly a new trailer as well lol. While we were there we made the 4 hour trip over to blister burg as DN were having an event there. I have to say it was one of the best track days I have ever been on, I think there were 14 cars on it in total including the 3 cars we took. Blister burg is an amazing track as well I would highly recommend it to anyone.
I didn't take too many photos while I was there but frozen speed was taking pictures on the track day so I will upload them at a later date (from both track days)
IMG_0853.JPG

The morning of the big trip :)
IMG_0836.JPG

This was taken at blister burg while on lunch. I was able to keep up with dad in the cup racers but only just, really had to drive the Clio lol (need new front tyres lol)
The VLN was on while we were there so got some snaps of the cars
IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

The viper was there trying to break the lap record but unfortunately this happened
IMG_0827.JPG

Real shame I was hoping they would break the record
Now we are back this is dads cars at the moment
IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

Had a full service new engine and gearbox oil plus filter and had a play around with the panels I had to fix the rear bumper as we broke it at the ring but all fixed now.
I will upload the photos from the ring and blister burg over the weekend.

Ow yes I have bought another Renault sport for a daily driver haha I pick it up Friday so pictures to come of that when I get it :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well me and the Clio both survived the Nurburgring trip with no issues the car ran spot on the whole trip the only weak point was me doing well over a 1000 miles in a car with no air con or comfortable seats lol but it was worth it when we got there. The orange cup racer was spot on as well no issues with that apart from getting another puncture but lucky all the track days were complete so nothing lost apart from another slick. We found the spring rates were miles to stiff for the ring so we are looking into different springs when the car goes to the ring again. Dads also going to buy a new set of tyres for it and possibly a new trailer as well lol. While we were there we made the 4 hour trip over to blister burg as DN were having an event there. I have to say it was one of the best track days I have ever been on, I think there were 14 cars on it in total including the 3 cars we took. Blister burg is an amazing track as well I would highly recommend it to anyone.
I didn't take too many photos while I was there but frozen speed was taking pictures on the track day so I will upload them at a later date (from both track days)
View attachment 1335737
The morning of the big trip :smile:
View attachment 1335738
This was taken at blister burg while on lunch. I was able to keep up with dad in the cup racers but only just, really had to drive the Clio lol (need new front tyres lol)
The VLN was on while we were there so got some snaps of the cars
View attachment 1335739
View attachment 1335740
View attachment 1335741
View attachment 1335742
The viper was there trying to break the lap record but unfortunately this happened
View attachment 1335743
Real shame I was hoping they would break the record
Now we are back this is dads cars at the moment
View attachment 1335744
View attachment 1335745
Had a full service new engine and gearbox oil plus filter and had a play around with the panels I had to fix the rear bumper as we broke it at the ring but all fixed now.
I will upload the photos from the ring and blister burg over the weekend.

Ow yes I have bought another Renault sport for a daily driver haha I pick it up Friday so pictures to come of that when I get it :smile:
I see no mention of video footage?! :wink:

Clio 220 PH2
O right I will have a look into them for dad I was talking to a guy there who had a white cup racer and his front end was about to snap due to the springs being too stiff he bought it from Parmer sport and they take a bit of a battering, so he has had chassis reinforced like the rally cars

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
O right I will have a look into them for dad I was talking to a guy there who had a white cup racer and his front end was about to snap due to the springs being too stiff he bought it from Parmer sport and they take a bit of a battering, so he has had chassis reinforced like the rally cars
This is on uk spec cup racer springs/dampers mate.

Clio 220 PH2
Looking at the passenger my dads car is as stiff as this one. It did like to bounce around and a few places airborne

Clio 220 PH2
That's true mate. Trying to keep your foot in it through fox hole while bouncing around it's a right scary experience. I did have it airborne over the jump not done that before I managed to do it in both cars.
I had a moment in the cup racer it went completely sideways on me managed to save it, cold rear slicks bloody tail happy, I wasn't even driving fast I wanted to warm everything up proper but this had other ideas lol

Clio 220 PH2
This is my new daily driver :) I absolutely love this car it drives so well I am really happy with it only had the car 2 days lol
I prefer the car to the fiesta st for what I need the car for such a great daily driver :)
IMG_0881.JPG

A few friends were doing a track day at Bedford so I thought I would give the car a little run out. I didn't take the car on track just purely there to watch. Some nice clios out on track plenty of 182s. (The track day was on Saturday if anyone was there ? )
IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

Clio 220 PH2
The new daily met the 182 on Friday, took the 182 to work to give it a run out as I haven't driven it for a while. Forgot how good the 182 was love the rawness of it :) the 182 might be getting stickered up soon for a good cause but that needs to be finalised before anything can be said
Here's some pictures of them together
IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I’m sure I past the cup racer on a trailer this morning at 6.30am on the A14 in my Leon?!

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
The new daily met the 182 on Friday, took the 182 to work to give it a run out as I haven't driven it for a while. Forgot how good the 182 was love the rawness of it :smile: the 182 might be getting stickered up soon for a good cause but that needs to be finalised before anything can be said
Here's some pictures of them together
View attachment 1339195
View attachment 1339196

Just caught up. Love the new daily :hearteyes: I've been thinking about what to replace the golf with and these are on the shortlist. Track day next year? Brands?

Clio 220 PH2
Just caught up. Love the new daily :hearteyes: I've been thinking about what to replace the golf with and these are on the shortlist. Track day next year? Brands?
Cheers mate thank you. I do like them they are very nice to drive great at cruising and B road blasting
I think the new 220 trophies have a better gearbox with regards to gear changing speed but this one isn’t as bad as people make out you just need to get used to it
Yes mate we need to do one. How far is brands for you ?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yes you did mate were you in the loud white Leon ? Looked lovely we were all together on the way to Bedford

Yeah silver Leon, I was standing on the loud pedal as was running late and trying to make up for lost time lol.
Was you in the 2 172 or 182s aswell? Think one was blue.
The racer looked awesome even in the dark lol.

Did you have a good day at Bedford? Travel far?

Clio 220 PH2
Yeah silver Leon, I was standing on the loud pedal as was running late and trying to make up for lost time lol.
Was you in the 2 172 or 182s aswell? Think one was blue.
The racer looked awesome even in the dark lol.

Did you have a good day at Bedford? Travel far?
Looked lovely mate and sounded great we were talking about it when we got there saying how mine it was
Yes there were mate I was in my 182 and a friend was in the blue 172

Haha cheers mate it is a good looking thing I must say hopefully one day dad will sell it too me

Very good day thank you, very cold and skippy took ages to get the tyres up to temp especially the slicks. But can not complain especially looking at the weather today lol

About an hour and a half we are Nuneaton area

Clio 220 PH2
That’s the 182 in for the winter storage going to strip and clean the car, new pads all round plus brake fluid change, not too sure what parts to put on the 182 this year. The new wheels should be here for the cup racer this weekend and a different trailer for this season as well.
Here’s a few pictures of the trusty 182 in the garage.
7CC8C98D-CE3F-4963-8633-E6DFD30A24DF.jpeg

C83AEEBA-F5E2-4EC5-9D46-1BE7A314C0E9.jpeg

8DD3B0F7-E098-42B1-8E73-750E4F907168.jpeg

You can never have too many wheels lol
B81E8BF0-824A-4D57-B299-F0DB557AFE11.jpeg

Hopefully get some bits for the 200 edc this year as well, nothing crazy but just improve it a little bit

Clio 220 PH2
Took the edc out for some pictures the other day when the weather was nice to take some better pictures of it.
Also ordered some lowering springs for it to get rid of the arch gap so hopefully they come this week.
9B1F8A41-7C2E-42CB-96F3-2CD910403449.jpeg
FE21E6A8-E2E3-4E78-927F-04AF50CE7223.jpeg
49F65A58-A897-4D7E-B4B8-BD56822C0903.jpeg

C9845824-ACE1-4668-980A-D9BEAC1965A2.jpeg

4C0F9230-0415-456C-B261-93B9AE91D4FA.jpeg

The car now has a secondary decat with the mid box delete done so plenty of pops and bangs. Also had the black badges fitted which looks so much better.
I do like this car the only thing that bothers me about it is the fuel economy my 182 does much better and that has a bigger engine

The cup racer has a new trailer to be towed around on which should make loading and unloading it much easier. So the first test for it will be at Bedford on the 14th April if anyone is going
B4A3D903-9E2C-4041-8C2E-625FC20E35E7.jpeg