ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Alfa Romeo 147 GTA.

Italian 3.2 V6
Agree Ph1 Tom!

TomSx - cheers, they were rubbed down & keyed, cleaned then dried. 3 layers of grey primer, 3 layers of gloss black & 3 layers of laqer. Job done!

Italian 3.2 V6
Just a small update.. Had the car serviced and fitted the 15mm eibech spacers to the rear as the bolts eventually arrived this week. No sign of the other goodies as yet, so fingers crossed they arrive in the next few days!

9487453183_386b12a0a0_c.jpg

Gta by ŠįK, on Flickr

Italian 3.2 V6
Little vid of how it currently sounds. Ordering a un-silenced centre section as it needs opening up further IMO. Possible decat if it still needs more noise!

​[video=youtube_share;_bOBKmxVBzU]http://youtu.be/_bOBKmxVBzU[/video]

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Oooooh. That looks, and sounds lovely. Get a dirty big filter on it, its all about induction on a V6.

Love the black wheels too

Italian 3.2 V6
Today eventually the caliper decals arrived, so i was able to finish off the calipers. Chuffed with the outcome!

9636490295_68dae953d4_c.jpg

Caliper refurb by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

9636538461_6d74963743_c.jpg
Caliper refurb by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

I also got rid of the silencer on the centre section to open the exhaust up further again! Starting to sound like it should do!

[video=youtube_share;cP_6HEJwLqU]http://youtu.be/cP_6HEJwLqU[/video]

Cupra
From a link in your vid... make it sound like this!
[video=youtube_share;eruk3QRcUf8]http://youtu.be/eruk3QRcUf8[/video]

Italian 3.2 V6
Spent this morning giving the GTA a much needed exterior detail, tbh it was in an awful state, paint was full of s**te but is now silky smooth! But I do still need to go over it with the DA to remove a few light scratches that are still existing.

9694158038_eb27b7d344_c.jpg

GTA Clean by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

As you can see the engine bay needs some attention mind as it looks abit tired at the moment.
9694164096_3cc5337e5b_c.jpg

GTA Clean by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

KWv1 coilovers & Decat have arrived so will be getting these fitted either Monday or Tuesday coming :)

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
What a fantastic car mate! I used to work for a bodyshop and was lucky enough to deliver one of these beasts back to the customer! They sound fantastic and so much fun to drive! I've always liked them, especially the 156 GTA

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not my colour choice but an utterly epic little machine!

Italian 3.2 V6
Yup vids will be uploaded ASAP once its fitted ;)

Agree gally, the colour wasn't my first choice either tbh. but at the price I got it for I couldn't really grumble.

Italian 3.2 V6
Thanks,

So today I had a tootle up hartside to test the KW's out and went with a couple friends Mk2 FRS (420bhp) & Scooby (350bhp) - Good times!

9743031508_a67c8aeeec_c.jpg

GTA by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

KW's were simply brilliant today, I'm very impressed with them. Probably the best coilovers iv had (albeit on different cars) but they are a perfect setup for "fast road". Damping is epic. I can see why there such a popular choice! Not crashy what so ever and actually comfy whe tootling along. The GTA performed brilliantly up there today too. The Decat has transformed the noise for the better. Its now the perfect volume & note for me. *The exhaust system is awesome as it's only noisy when you make it, ie blipping the throttle or going full chat, very subtle cruising around and on the motorway which is great. Very very happy with the car now and Its amazing the difference in attention it gets too! Lots of love for the Italian stallion ;)

Anyway here are a few pictures of it's current stance.*

9740934749_b8daca7601_c.jpg

9743025010_aa8746e4cb_c.jpg

9743018226_d84aaeb523_c.jpg

9743013806_5ae55d74ab_c.jpg

No vids as yet, I was borrowing a GoPro today but the attachment for it to fit on the car is broken so trying to find another for a proper video! Bare with me :)

Cheers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Now a very sorted car. You deserve massive respect for ignoring the scaremongering.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Now a very sorted car. You deserve massive respect for ignoring the scaremongering.

Luckliy for him his cousin has had 2 which were faultless so could ignore all the negatives from people who have never owner one, or probably any sort of Alfa.
Such a sexy car for similar money to a trophy.... :eek:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
So nice! I'd get rid of the Mangoletsi stickers though, can't be doing with the place lol.

How do these fair vs rust?

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea I keep meaning to remove them but in all honesty I dont dislike it as iv kind of got used to them being there lol. Pretty well I think jonnio, not seen any issues on the forum and mine is all ok so far. Although a lot of bolts were seized/rusted when changing coilovers which was a nightmare.

Iv got another GoPro sorted for later today aswell, so all being well I will upload a vid this evening/tonight!

Gally - sometimes you just have to look past all hearsay. This car ticks all of my boxes & more, it's special, has epic amounts of character & charisma. The noise is on another level, a Lovely place to be in. It's so much car for the money it's unreal. The Italian flare it carries is just awesome! Really really pleased with the car and it gets driven ALOT as it's mine and the wife's daily car. Plus now with these mods it's become very purposeful and menacing on the road without upsetting the practicality of it.

Cheers guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
brilliant that looks stunning the stance and height are spot on.

Italian 3.2 V6
Thanks, so what colour are we saying guys? A bright brilliant silver for the wheels? I have no idea so I don't mind leaving the ball in CS's court!

Italian 3.2 V6
Oh n here is the promised video!

[video=youtube_share;cH-JGe0405s]http://youtu.be/cH-JGe0405s[/video]